A marriage alliance?

The king sat on his throne while the court officials were one the side. The maids served the king tea. Sook ja held the tray of tea in her hands nervously walking in.

She smiled slightly at the king while pouring him his tea. Her eyes accidentally met with his which brought attention to one of the court officials. "YOU INSOLENT- how dare you look the king in his eyes without his permission?"

She dropped to her knees bowing steadily. "My king I am sorry that was my fault. I ask your forgiveness I am not worthy ! I did wrong !" He rolled his eyes annoyed. "Whatever you may leave." He said.

The princess from one of the wealthiest family's in Korea came to greet him today to discuss the marriage between the king and the princess.

The kings mother was there along with the princesses mother and father. Since the kings father was not there because of his death his mother have decided to handle things for him taking on the father and the mothers role.

"It's such an honor to finally meet your majesty." The princesses mother had said They bowed a bit with a bright smile on their face. The princess looked very excited to finally talk about the marriage alliance between the king and the princess of course it was only for business purposes mostly but there was a lot running through the princesses mind.

She had actually been in love with him with the king ever since she was younger.  Dreaming of this moment and never thought it would come. "My king..I hope our marriage will help both of our family' and even that our love can be bright for the future...I hope to even bare your kids."

His mother coughed on her tea. "Queen..dowager..are you okay?" The queens maid asked She nodded. "I am fine. First let's discuss the date of this marriage then we can discuss later on..about baring his kids.."

The princesses mother and father laughed a bit. "Right let's not get carried a way." Her father said. They right away discussed about the marriage alliances, "the auspicious date of July 9th how about that?"

"What do you think your majesty?" The queen dowager asked her son. Though he seemed very uninterested in talking about marrying alliances. "I think that I want to be done with it so I can go to shoot some arrows." He said.

The princesses eyes became sad as she heard that. "Excuse me I would like to get some fresh air." She said bowing as she slowly walked out the room. "Your majesty don't you think that was a bit—"

"I'm sorry mother..I just do not want to get married right now. It's the reason I don't have any concubines either. I oppose every and any marriage alliances. You making these decisions for me makes me think you don't understand what I truly wish and it breaks my heart."

He says walking out with a very angrily look on his face. The princesses mother and father  kept bowing a lot. "We are sorry to have upset his majesty. We thought he would be okay with the marriage alliance have you not talked it over with him before meeting with us?"

His mother smiled slightly. "No I am very sorry for his behavior he gets like this. I will talk with his majesty and convince him that this marriage alliance will be the best thing for him."

They both nodded and leaved with their people following behind. The queen dowager  felt so embarrassed. Sook ja watched as everything went down.

As the queen walks out of the room the guards and even the maids inside the room bowed to her as she passed by. "hm..I wonder why he refuses every single marriage alliance ever.." sook ja muttered.