Unfinished Business

Rudy POV

"Alright Ms.Rudy. you're all good to go. " My nurse told me. Thank God ! I jumped up , threw on some clothes , packed all my shit up and got ready to go. I got so much business to handle it's stupid. But , my first stop is my Grandfather's church. He has wanted nothing to do with me since I told my family I was gay.

I saw the nurse come rolling in with a wheelchair ? Tf ?

"Um , ma'am , I don't need a damn wheelchair. My legs work just fine. "

"I'm sorry , but it's hospital policy."

"Fine lady take me." She loaded my shit up then took me downstairs to Wan's car.

"Take me to my grandad's church." I demanded.

"Church?" He asked confused.

"Dude. Just do it.  Damn."

We drove up to the front of the church. I knew he was there because I saw his Cadillac on the side of the building. I said a quick prayer and walked in.

"Granddad!"  , I yelled with my voice shaking. He came from his office in complete shock.

"Am...Amber ? Is that you ?" At first he appeared happy , but that quickly turned to anger.

"Yes , granddad , it's me." I said inching closer to him. He moved back as I got closer.

"Why are you in my presence ? You dirty animal. You are a SINNER , and sinner's are not welcomed in THIS house of God ! You must leave at once !"

I'm pretty sure my mouth touched the floor.  How could he talk to his own Grandchild like that ? I took care of his ass when he had no one !

"See that's the reason right there why I didn't wanna come here ! I thought family was supposed to help each other , not shun them !"

"My dearest granddaughter , do you still like girls ?"

"Yes"

"Then I will FOREVER shun you and NEVER will I help you out! Get out of my church now !"

"See , that's why I say FUCK THIS SHIT ! But , aight Edgar ! You will remember this ! I'm no longer protecting you from any of my shit. I don't care what they do to you. "

"The lord will be my protector , Goodbye Amber."

I turned around and walked out. I refuse to let his bullshit hold me back.

I hopped back in the car and Wan still had that damn confused look on his face.

"Nigga , Im fine.  Just drive." He drove off without saying a word.

He dropped me off at home and drove off. I probably hurt his feelings. I'll call him later.

I walked in my house and sat in the sofa just thinking. I started looking at my pictures and thought about munchkin. I haven't seen her in forever. I really need to see her. I think I'm ready to get custody of her again.

I grabbed my phone to call my Nona. I dialed her number and the phone began to ring.

"Hello ?"

"Hey , Nona ! How you doing ?"

"Hey my precious baby.  I'm doing alright. I'm glad you called me.  You've been on my mind a lot lately. I miss ya."

"I miss you too Nona and you know I've been in the hospital. I might come over a little later. I wanna talk to you in person."

"Hospital !? Nobody told me ! Are you okay ?"

"Yes Nona , I was in the hospital for 3 months. I was in a coma. I had an accident with an 18 wheeler.  I had a 50/50 chance of making it. I can't believe they didn't tell you. I knew it was weird that you weren't there. "