five years later (ix)

language; pregnancy

keywords: –

in a surprising turn of events, you're up before ricky. you take a few moments to admire him before you head off to wrap up the last of the presents before finn wakes up and won't leave the two of you alone.

ricky's curls are splayed across one of your pillows, the light amount of sun peeking through your window helping to bring out his highlights. his mouth is slack, light snores emitting from his mouth.

he really is so handsome. and all yours.

you run your fingers through his hair before climbing out of bed and going to grab your christmas pajamas. you quickly change into your outfit for the day, before you grab the basket of unwrapped items hidden away in your old bedroom closet.

in the crafting room your mother has, you find marta cross-legged on the floor, tiredly wrapping up a present you assume is for your mother.

"good morning." you smile at your younger sister, stepping around her to grab a small box and a complementing lid.

"mm," marta yawns. "good morning. merry christmas."

"merry christmas, hun."

you place the box on the circular table in the corner, discreetly pulling out finn's "big brother" shirt. it's not much, but it's cute and you know finn will love it.

before marta can see, you fold it up and place it in the box. you place the lid on the box before asking marta for some wrapping paper. she hands you a santa claus and reindeer roll. when you finish wrapping, you go to grab a sticker and a sharpie.

to finn, from mommy & daddy :)

"when are you going to be done?" you hesitantly ask marta, as you sift through your basket.

"what?"

"uhm, i realize i haven't wrapped your present yet."

"oh," she stretches out her legs. "i can go for now. just call me when you're done, because i still need to wrap one of finn's presents and ricky's."

"got it," you click your tongue and wink at her as she exits the craft room.

you'd gotten marta a bath set—epsom salts, essential oils, candles, masks, and bath bombs—as well as a sister necklace which she'd been saying she wanted since forever.

you take one half of the necklace and clip it around yourself, tucking it into your shirt. you grab the mistletoe wrapping paper and wrap the necklace box in that. for the bath set box, you use a classic rudolph the red-nosed reindeer paper.

there's one more present to wrap, and it's one of ricky's. the homemade one. you'd gotten him a new guitar strap, a tie, a skateboard, and the one you made for him was a mason jar full of different colored pieces of paper. blue is for memories you share together, yellow is quotes and lyrics that remind you of him, white is random notes, and pink is "reasons i love you" (some of the reasons include "you're a great dad", "you always make sure we're happy and healthy", "you make me feel incredibly safe.").

you find an old amazon box, place tissue paper in the bottom, then place the jar inside. you add more tissue paper around the jar to keep it safe before taping up the box and wrapping it.

you address the other presents and place them in your basket to make the journey from the crafts room to the tree a little easier.

"all yours." you say to marta, who is sitting on the chair in the living room on her phone.