alone together

language; mentions of sex; miscarriage

you and ricky bowen had had an unspoken attraction towards each other for as long as anybody could remember.

everybody knew it, even the two of you. but neither of you had ever acted on said attraction, until one night junior year.

it was after the musical's opening night. ej caswell had invited the cast and crew over to his place to celebrate the success of the show, and although you were neither cast or crew, you were a close friend of carlos and seb.

ej couldn't invite either of them and not expect to see you. you three were always together, joined at the hips, no matter where y'all went.

you might as well have been a part of the musical, what with how often you were hanging around for rehearsals because you couldn't be away from carlos or seb for more than the span of a bathroom break.

which is why it was such a surprise to everyone that fateful night when you disappeared without a word. then they noticed ricky was gone too.

"maybe they finally got their stuff out in the open," ashlyn says, taking a swig of her raspberry flavored hard lemonade.

get your stuff out in the open, you did.

you and ricky had found an empty bedroom (now that you think about it, it may have been mr. and mrs. caswell's bedroom).

no words were exchanged between the two of you before he pressed his lips against yours. you welcomed the action, wrapping your arms around his neck and pulling him closer.

nothing was said as he helped you step out of your clothes and as he took off his own. he laid you down on the bed and took you there.

after you two were finished, you didn't return to the party. just laid there, his arms wrapped around you as you rested your head on his chest, listening to the calming sounds of his heartbeat.

♫♪♬

you two spent a lot of time together after that night. the students of east high were probably more surprised that you weren't to be seen with carlos and seb as often anymore, instead hanging around ricky bowen.

for a while, you thought you two would have a good run.

then you started getting sick, throwing up at random times throughout the day, lunchtime being the worst. you felt way more tired than usual, and headaches were frequent.

it was when you missed your period (two cycles straight) that you finally thought something was up.

you wanted more than anything to call ricky, but you didn't want to put anything more on his plate (until you were sure) after his finding out about his mom's new boyfriend and his dad's romance with ms. jenn.

then carlos and seb came to mind, but you hadn't been hanging around them much. they probably were very much enjoying their newfound relationship without you around prompting them to back down on the pda.

so you drove over to the nearest drug store, picking up a few pregnancy tests. the old woman behind the counter shot you a few dirty looks when she thought you weren't looking.

you paid for the tests and ran back home, rushing to the bathroom as soon as you closed the front door behind you.

the five minutes of waiting seemed to drag on forever, but when the timer on your phone went off, it seemed like you didn't have enough time to—

positive.

they were all positive.

your fingers shakily dial seb's number. you're not even sure what to say if he answers, but your mouth spills the news before your brain even thinks about it.