pillow talk (a fyl story)

language; not smut but sexual themes; mentions of teen pregnancy

keywords: –

you watch with a keen interest, pulling your bottom lip between your teeth, as ricky strips down for bed. he chuckles to himself as he catches you checking him out, but you don't shy away.

why would you, after all? he's attractive, with his curly brown hair and dark eyes that somehow conveyed every emotion he needed them to. why not let him know it?

you open your arms for him once he's done. he climbs into bed, bringing the covers over the two of you before pulling you to his chest. you turn your head to press a kiss to his chest, before adjusting yourself, pressing your ear against his chest to listen to his heartbeat.

his fingers thread through your hair, occasionally twirling strands of your hair around his fingers. you close your eyes, in absolute bliss.

this was all you needed. ricky; and your son who's snuggled up in his ravenclaw covers, holding either hedwig or niffler close to his chest, fast asleep, dreaming about who knows what?

you feel yourself nodding off, moving an arm to wrap around ricky's torso.

he hums softly, the hand that was playing with your hair coming to rest on your waist.

"hey y/n?"

"mm?" you mumble tiredly.

"when was finn conceived?

your open your eyes, blinking a few times. you rest your chin on ricky's chest, looking up at him. he's looking down at you, his expression one of curiosity.

"i believe it was thanksgiving," you tell ricky. "after we left ashlyn's party, after your argument with gina."

you guys had gone back to his place afterwards. his grip on your hand had been tight the entire walk home. once you got to his house, he told you he wanted to get something to eat; you left him alone in the kitchen, heading upstairs to his bedroom. you discarded the outfit you'd worn to the party, switcing it out for one of his far more comfortable sweatshirts.

after finishing his snack, he'd come up to be with you. he'd always loved you in his clothes.

you recall wanting to tell him you loved him, multiple times that night, but thought against it every time.

"oh." ricky smiles to himself, remembering that specific night. "yeah, i remember."

after walking in to see you in his teal sweatshirt, he'd grabbed your waist, smashing his lips against yours. your fingers entangled themselves in his hair, something you always did when kissing him.

his sweatshirt was pulled off you, thrown across his room, his lips only leaving yours when he needed a quick breather.

"when did you find out you were pregnant?"

"two days before i was going to tell you," you say.

you'd gone to the doctor's thinking it was just a little cold or something, but she'd asked you a bunch of questions and did a couple of tests; came back with positive pregnancy results.

"the only other person who found out that day was my mom, because you know, she took me and all. i didn't want to tell anybody else until i'd told you. at first, i was going to do this big thing to tell you but the night before, i thought, 'we're sixteen. i just have to tell him.'"

ricky's fingers trail up your back, sending shivers down your spine. as he kisses the crown of your head, you turn your head to kiss his chest.

"did you know right away you were going to keep him?"