lucie (a fyl story)

keywords: –

you missed ricky when he went to the studio, for sure. you couldn't help it these days, it felt like. more than not, you needed him to be around in order to maintain a calm demeanor and feel relaxed; how loved and appreciated he made you feel every moment definitely helped too.

sighing to yourself, you grab the universal remote from the top of your tv stand and go to lay in bed. you turn on the tv, flipping through the channels until something catches your eyes. you decide to settle on back to the future.

you're a little more than half an hour in to the movie when you hear finn call out for you. you don't bother answering him, the footsteps coming down the hall making it apparent he's on his way to you anyways.

he jumps up on to the bed, crawling to you. he curls into your side, resting his head on your chest and a hand on your baby bump.

you smile at the action. ever since finding out about the new baby, finn's been so excited to be a big brother. he's been even more excited ever since finding out he'd have a little sister.

he always says he can't wait to go back to school to tell his friends about her after she's born.

"mommy, can i talk to her?" finn asks shyly.

you nod at him, smiling. he gently pats your stomach, adjusting himself so his "mouth is closer, so she can hear better."

he presses a quick kiss to your tummy and you internally awe at the sweet display of affection. you grab your phone, wanting to record this moment for ricky to watch later.

"hi, baby." finn starts, rubbing circles on your belly. "i'm your big brother. my name is finn michael y/l/n. hopefully it will be bowen soon, so we can have the same last name. but i think lucie would be a nice name for you."

"lucie?" you hum. finn looks at you and nods once. "where'd you get that from, bud?"

finn shrugs. "i just came up with it," he says.

"lucie?"

"mhm!" he nods again.

"hm." you turn off your camera, moving to a sitting position. you hold your arms out for finn.

he gives your tummy one last kiss before snuggling up with you. you wrap your arms tightly around him, pressing a kiss to his forehead. he giggles.

"i'll tell daddy we want to name the baby lucie, okay?"

"you like it?" finn questions excitedly.

"of course, buddy! it's a beautiful name."

"lucie bowen," finn smiles.

"lucie bowen."

   ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧