~Chapter One~

I was only seven or eight when I was Taken by the Dirolle. They tore me out of my bed, roughly tied my hands behind my back, and prodded me out of the house, and into the waiting van. When they had my wrists cuffed to the rail that was on the inside of the van, they knocked me out. When I came to, I was lying on a metal table, with a couple of needles in each arm. My ankles, wrists, waist, and head were all tied down by what felt like velcro straps.

"Where am I?" I groaned. My throat felt like sandpaper.

"In the Laboratory, of course." A voice replied. I strained at the straps, trying to see who had spoken.

"Of course, you wouldn't know the meaning of that word, seeing as you are just a tiny human girl." The voice continued.

"Try me." I hissed, ready to kill this person who dared insult one of my favourite races. I mean, my best friend was human! How dare they!

"Feisty. I like it. But, unfortunately, that is not going to help you where you're going. In fact, it may just get you killed."

"One more thing. I am not, nor will I ever be, human. I am Hope. I am the one thing humans, and all other races, need. Even you are not above that." The person was taken aback.

"How can a little girl be hope? I thought Hope was an ancient legend, not a real person. And anyway, you are far too young."

"You think I'm young? You, Simba, are nothing more than a cub compared to me." I changed to my true form, a girl who looked about twenty-five, with white wings with light blue tips. I was wearing a pale purple t-shirt, dark green cargo pants, and had my blue-tipped black hair flowing loose. The straps holding me down on the table dissolved, and I pulled the needles out of my arms, ignoring the pain. I sat up, rubbing my wrists where the velcro had rubbed away some of my skin, leaving bright red welts that throbbed distractingly.

"Ah. There you are." I said to my captor, sauntering over to the door. I then kicked the door down, walked over it, and dissipated as Simba watched numbly.

"Take me to your leader. We need to have a... talk." I said ominously, as soon as I reappeared in front of him, and touched his arm. He nodded dully.

"Right this way please." He answered monotonously. I prodded him in the back with my sword, which had materialized on my back where it always was, unless I was either lying on my back or was in a form that would look strange wearing a sword around. Otherwise known as any other form than this one. If you were wondering why I was only seven or eight earlier whereas I am now at least twenty, ask the Overseers of the Positives. They were the ones that chose me and gave me the second most powerful feeling, which, of course, I have no idea why on all the stars they would do something so silly, but I'm kind of thankful for it. Anyway, I followed Simba to the observation deck, where he told me that the lead Dirolle was. I was expecting an ambush, but I wasn't expecting an ambush the size of half the population of Australia!. I fought my way through the warriors, and worked my way to the centre, where the one they sought most to protect was. When I got there, he was waiting with a syringe, and, as soon as I got within reach, he stabbed me with it, and the sleeping serum worked its way into my system, knocking me out instantly.

Sorry about the short chapter, I had to write this for English, but figured I might as well put it on Wattpad cause why not. Enjoy!

P.S. I do not tolerate swearing, in any way, shape, or form. If you comment on this story, please spare a thought for whomever you may be hurting by writing discouraging thoughts. However, if you have any suggestions on how this story should go, or if you find any spelling or grammar mistakes, please tell me so that I can correct them.