IV. A Truly Awful Day

At this point, I was basically having the worst day of my life. I wrecked my car, had to go to the hospital (and was late for work because of it), had a horribly awkward elevator trip that also made me seem like a total klutz, unpacked my boss’s nephew’s bags, unpacked my boss’s nephew’s condoms, figured out that my boss’s nephew was now my boss, had to deal with Mr. Andrews, and was now getting a couple’s massage with Mr. Sangster. A massage which required both of us to be naked. I had never been so humiliated in one day in the entirety of my twenty-one years. It didn’t help that my new boss is only a year older and also happens to be fairly attractive. No, that really didn’t help my current situation at all, as I was currently standing behind a changing screen nervously taking my clothes off and folding them neatly. I wrapped the towel around myself and peeked around the corner of the screen cautiously, seeing Mr. Sangster already lying on the table, his head turned away from me. I made a silent dash to my own table and lay on my stomach before he could see me.

“You don’t need to be so nervous, Ms. Winters.”

“I’m not nervous, sir.” I wasn’t lying. Now I was just annoyed and I wasn’t doing the greatest job hiding it.

“Call me Thomas.” He turned his head to me and smiled. Beautiful.

“If it’s all the same to you, I’d rather not.”

“Why not?” His smile changed into an even more attractive smirk.

“Because I’ve only just met you and I’d really like to keep this professional.

“I’m sorry,” he laughed, “Aren’t we getting massages together at this very moment?”

“With all due respect, sir, that’s your fault.”

“Well, if you hadn’t gone and gotten in an accident this morning, we wouldn’t be here at all. Unfortunately, you’re injured and I cannot let you continue waltzing around the hotel in heels on my behalf.”

“I’m twenty-one, Mr. Sangster; I can take care of myself.”

“While I appreciate that-“ at that moment, Charlotte and Henry walked into the room, dimmed the lights, and lit a multitude of candles.

“Close your eyes and relax.” Charlotte lilted. I kept staring right into Mr. Sangster’s eyes, and he stared right back challengingly with a slight smirk. Finally, I gave in, rolling my eyes before closing them. “Today, we’ll have Henry with Olivia and I’ll be with Mr. Sangster. This is because Henry is a trained chiropractor in addition to massage therapy and will know how to best treat the areas of stress and trauma on a victim of an accident.” I felt Henry’s hands begin to press firmly on my shoulders and I began to relax.

The massage finally ended and I sat up facing away from Mr. Sangster and wrapped the towel tightly around my chest before going behind the screen to change back into my work clothes.

“So? Do you feel better?” Mr. Sangster asked.

“Yes, I do.” I replied reluctantly, tucking in my blouse.

“I thought you would. Now, where are we off to? I can’t imagine there being more of the hotel to see.”