Act 16: Wahrheit

"What the hell is going on?"

"What is that!"

"Load the canons!"

"It's been too long since those things came along!"

A chorus of screams and demands danced in the air as the beast approached. It obviously looked male but it didn't have any reproductive organs. It was just all skin and muscle and it was taller than Levi's castle. Words couldn't explain how tall and big that titan was. Its teeth was visible so it looked as if it were wearing a permanent grin. It was terrifying.

"Oh my God," Levi said under his breath. He showed no visible fear but he was nervous to fight this thing. It was much worse than any enemy army.

"I told you so! I told you they would come back!" Hanji exclaimed happily.

"You jinxed it, you idiot!" Levi shouted as a reply.

Everyone was in full panic mode right now but none of them ran away. They had to fight back in order to stay alive. If they didn't fight back that would be cowardice.

"Aim for the nape of its neck!" Levi yelled at everyone. "Cut deep into It and that bastard will be a goner."

The soldiers who wore their 3DMG flew up into the sky and immediately went straight for the neck wear Levi told them to go. The king went with them too just in case anything even worse happened. Their maneuver gear pierced the giant's nape as they were about to slice it off with their swords.

Suddenly, steam filled the air and they all began screaming in fear and pain of the heat. It was too hot to see or even do anything so most of the soldiers fell to the ground with a loud splat sound. Levi's eyes grew wide as he flew down the air as well but he was quick enough to come to his senses and flew to a tree for safety. It hasn't even passed five minutes yet sixteen people were already dead.

There was still steam covering the air like a thick blanket as everyone blindly ran frantically away from the massive titan. There was a lot of shouting but even so the only noise Levi was able to hear was the sound of his own heart beating. Erwin was yelling for everyone to stay away for a while so they wouldn't be harmed because they couldn't risk any more soldiers dying in vain.

Everyone was in on the ground now with their swords and bows ready for battle but they knew they couldn't fight. They already knew it was hopeless; it was like an army of ants trying to fight against a human. The sky started to clear up as Levi sighed of relief but there was some one missing.

The titan was advancing now as a small figure in the sky zoomed towards its neck. Levi had to squint to recognize who it was.

"Tatsuya, don't be fucking stupid!" Levi yelled angrily.

Eren was now perched on the titans shoulder. The younger male looked angered and annoyed towards the titan.

"Get down from there, you idiot!"

"After I murder it!" Eren shouted in response.

"Stop fucking around! You can't kill it with only you!"

"Watch me."

Eren was now flying around the titan's back until he had a clear path towards the nape.

"Don't you fucking dare!"

He flew towards the titan's nape at such an incredible speed that he looked blurry from afar. Eren sliced deep into its neck but more steam erupted and he temporarily lost the ability to see. He felt as if he were drifting into space and his whole body felt numb and before he knew it he was flying down the air towards the ground where the other corpses could be found.