Act 27: Achtung

That night was stormy and fierce and the branches violently shook violently as the lightning boomed in the sky. Eren huddled closer to Levi as heavy rain banged against the windows, leaving him terrified. They were in one of the many random rooms, the ones who were just decorated with couches and tea tables which resembled somewhat like a living room, but it didn't really seem like it since they both felt completely dead inside.

Their timeline was filled with death and sadness.

They waited patiently about news that hopefully The Princess was safe and sound and hidden somewhere but they couldn't keep their hopes up. This was a very risky situation to her life and she could be seen as a traitor.

Just when Eren was going to fall asleep on the sofa, Levi started comb his brown hair with his slender fingers, humming a little to himself. He knew he did a good job in saving The Princess but deep inside he felt anxious and worried but now with Levi by his side, he had to admit he felt a little better.

Suddenly as if on cue, the door slammed open and Armin came running in and immediately saluted in Levi's presence, his right fist above his beating heart.

"I am honored to announce that The Princess has safely made her way out of the country, sir," he said while he was breathing heavily as if he just ran a race. "She informed me that she will send a letter when there is time to let you know what's happening, sir."

"Alright thanks for telling me that, Arlert. You are dismissed."

"Yes, sir," he replied and quickly left.

Eren could have sworn that his best friend's eyes were burning right into his.

"I screwed up," Levi said and held his hands in tight fists.

"What do you mean? We saved her! Isn't that great news?" Eren asked.

"That's not what I meant," he told him and shook his head. "I'm a king but I really am a fucking idiot. I haven't thought this plan through and I didn't know the same soldiers that you tried to scare off that day were also there when you got The Princess and now they... now they know you're not dead."

Eren swallowed; he had also forgotten about that too. Such a small and simple detail put them in great risk with no effort at all.

"What's going to happen now?"

"We run. We'll go far, far away from this place, just you and I," Levi answered.

"We? This is my problem not yours and I would very much appreciate it if you just leave it to me," Eren said and rolled his eyes.

"Listen here, you little shit," Levi snapped and yanked at his collar so that their faces could be just inches apart. "I dragged you in this nasty situation in the first place and if you're going down, I'm going down with you."

"I am already in debt and I don't want anymore people to do me favors when it's not even necessary."