8. Shoto Todoroki

"Hello I am Shoto Todoroki." The split haired student spoke before you, he took a seat in the chair opposite to your desk in the hallway. "Hello Shoto, I am Y/N." You smiled warmly opening up your notebook and grabbing your pencil. "Let's begin." You hummed, "I see on the school's records you were admitted into UA based off of recommendation, is that correct?" You looked up at him. "Yes. I had the option of opting out of the practical entrance exams but I wanted to experience everything the same as my peers." He crossed his arms, relaxing into the chair. "I see, that is very wise of you Shoto. It appears many would have opted for the latter, being able to be admitted into UA without practical exams seems to be what the press is edging for each school year." Your laugh was warm, comforting even. Your notebook soon became full of notes on Shoto, you already gained an exponential amount of information on him.

"I have read the articles online about why they think the practical exams for the hero course should be abolished, granted it's within reason of their own but for me I think it should stay as is. When you join a hero course here at UA or any other school your goal is to become a pro hero. Pro heroes are often faced with dangerous situations much more than the robots they had us fighting against to earn points during the entrance exams. If we do not have the opportunity then to show what we can do as the generation of future pro heroes than when will we? The practical exams may be tough and making the final selection isn't easy but it is the most realistic outcome we can have if we want to become pro's." Shoto finished with a small smile, he took a sip of his water as you wrote down everything he was saying.

"Shoto you seem well versed in the media, is there a reason behind that?" You questioned looking up at him briefly before preparing to write his response. "My father Endeavor is the number two pro hero right now. I am put in a position where I feel like it is my duty to surpass him and become number one, just like All Might. I stay informed of any media attention because it helps me better understand society and what is going on in the world as we know it." You wrote down his responses rapidly, he was giving excellent answers. You knew he would be scouted by multiple agencies based off of his knowledge alone. "Have you thought of any potential agencies you would like to be scouted by this year at the sports festival?" Shoto shook his head before speaking once more. "No, I have not given it much thought. I think having the opportunity to be scouted by any agency regardless of class would be something I am hopeful for." He seemed to have the right answers for everything despite what the question might hold.

"Your quirk is Half-Cold Half-Hot, that puts you a great standing for quirks. You also chose to opt in for the practical exams and you ranked high in those as well. Your grades here at UA also seem to be phenomenal. What do you think you could bring this year to the sports festival that is different?" Your last question was one that you were confident he could answer. "My quirk allows me to form ice crystals with one side of my body and flames with the other, however I do not use the flame side of my body. It is a personal choice, I have developed unique techniques with my ice side. I think that is what I bring that is different this year, using only half of my quirk and still rising to the top of the charts." His voice was serious, his hand in a tight fist as he looked down at it. 

"These answers are all I needed Shoto, thank you for your time and cooperation. I know missing class is not always ideal but your answers have helped me out a lot. I look forward to seeing you at this years sports festival; I am sure you'll do great." You bowed your head, reaching out to shake his hand before dismissing him back to class. He was one of the first students you got the chance to interview and he made it seem so easy. You were nervous to interview anyone but he gave you a glimpse of hope that maybe all the students in the hero course could give you such thorough answers.