5. After class

The rest of your time in class was spent diligently writing notes and finishing the assignment that Miss.Midnight assigned. Your notebook was scribbled with line theories of which quirk belonged to which student and how the students who enrolled on recommendation compared to those who enrolled through the standard application. Your brother's quirk was truly amazing, the way he could harden his whole body into steel and use that quirk as a defense and offense attack. Yaoyorozu was no different than how you last remembered her quirk. She was able to form anything from her chest if she knew the compounds to said object. She was easily passing the practical exams just like your brother.

There was one student who caught your eye, your notes on his quirk were more put together and well thought out; Fumikage Tokoyami. His quirk was Dark Shadow, a bird like shadow that formed from within his core. Dark Shadow seemed to have his own abilities like talking and even thinking. Tokoyami had great potential with the power of his quirk, there was only one agency you could think of that would fit him best; Hawks Hero Agency. While they both shared similarities in their quirks ie. features of a bird you thought his agency would be best suited. He was the youngest pro hero to run his own agency, he was successful despite not attending UA. He would be the perfect match to help out Tokoyami. 

As for the other students you could not pinpoint which agency you would place them under, while they all had exemplary skills there was no connection you could make like how you did with Tokoyami. The second part of the practical exams soon came to an end and the class bell rang signaling the end of the school day. You were relieved when you started to pack up your book bag with your notebook's making sure to leave the assignment pages out so they could be graded by Miss.Midnight. As the classroom emptied itself you made your way to the front desk. 

Your nerves on edge as you spoke; "Hello Miss.Midnight here is the finished assignment for today. What was it you wanted to see me for?" Your voice came out more frail than intended but you were nervous. "Good afternoon Y/N. I am glad to see you were able to pull through and finish the assignment at the given difficulty." She smiled brightly towards you, "I asked to speak to you for one reason. During my lunch break in the staff room we discussed certain student's and their transcripts and what potential they might be withholding. You were on the top of that list. I think you will succeed your peers here in this class while the staff here at UA think you should take on a student leading role; a peer mentor if you will. As you may know each year there is a sports festival where students can get scouted by agencies. I would like for you to attend the sports festival this year and introduce yourself to the agency owners. It would be good for you to open your opportunities and make connections for yourself as someone with no quirk." She hummed standing up to file your classwork assignment with the rest of your class. "Not every business management course student gets this opportunity, we choose one student each year. This year you have been selected, do not let us down Y/N. That is all." She dismissed the conversation with ease leaving you awestruck. 

"Miss.Midnight are you sure?" Your mind raced as you thought over everything. You knew UA would open doors for you but you did not expect to be asked to take on this role on your first day of classes. You were not familiar with the fast paced environment at this school, it was a change from how you were treated at your middle school. "Y/N your application and transcript from your previous school show you were on the dean's list, class president, volunteered at many charity campaign's, you were attending a lot of clubs as well as being captain of your volleyball team. Are you questioning our decision?" Her voice was stern, much different from how she was earlier in the day. "N-no! It's not like that. I was having a hard first day here and was not expecting this at all. If anything I thought I was in trouble." You laughed awkwardly to break the thick tension in the room. "Here at UA we make decisions as soon as we see potential success. We want the best for our students especially those born without a quirk. While you may have had a rough start we were able to understand what you were dealing with. That is why we are giving you the opportunity to redeem your actions with this position. It did not seem like it was in your nature to act like that after we discussed the behavior with your brother. But let it be known Y/N that if this were to happen again you will be revoked of this title as peer mentor and will not able to attend the sports festival. Choose your actions wisely." Miss.Midnight still had a stern tone, you could tell she was disappointed with your earlier actions. You would not let this opportunity be taken from you. "Thank you Miss.Midnight I will not let you down." You bowed your head before leaving the classroom.

You headed out the front doors of UA looking for your brother, it was not long before you spotted him. "Tetsutetsu!" You called for him with a smile as you ran his direction. "You would not believe what just happened!" You shrieked in excitement as you told your brother everything you had just discussed with Miss.Midnight. "That is amazing news Y/N I am so proud of you!" Tetsutetsu smiled pulling you into a tight hug. You were estatic about this opportunity, it was the best news you had heard all day. You and your brother began to walk home together. "Did you know I took your advice? I decided against visiting Deku. It still hasn't hit me that he lied to me about having a quirk. I don't see the benefit of lying to someone, I mean even his mother lied for him!" You ranted to him, letting out your evident frustrations. "I think there has to be a deeper meaning behind all of this. I have known Izuku for as long as you have and I don't see any reason he would lie to you either. Earlier my judgement was clouded because you're my sister and I do not want to see you crying but I think avoiding Izuku might make things harder, you need closure. I guess what I'm saying is you should talk to Izuku." Tetsutetsu sighed. You approached your house soon after. You did not respond to your brothers comments, you didn't know what to say. It seemed like every time you thought you did the right thing, you were actually doing the wrong thing. 

You entered your house taking off your shoes and headed straight for your room. You could hear your mother and father call for you but you just ignored it, you were sure Tetsutetsu would explain everything to them. You were exhausted physically and emotionally. You laid down on your bed with a huff as you cuddled one of your pillows to your chest. You hated this feeling, you felt empty not speaking to Izuku but the thought of speaking to him only made your heart wrench. You were confused and frustrated, no one seemed to know what to think of the situation or how to make you feel better. They all just wanted you to visit Izuku, but could you do it? Visiting him could potentially distract your focus on your students and cause you to lose your title you just earned. "Ugh I don't know what to do!" You groaned into your pillow. You closed your eyes imaging different scenarios and outcomes of what would happen when you confront Izuku. None of them seemed to be ideal at all. You were too lost in your thoughts to feel your exhuastion overcome you. It wasn't long before you slowly drifted off to sleep.