Chapter 49 : And So She Is Reassured

It has been another three weeks since finding out that they were having a girl and that meant lots of it's a girl pictures. Loki didn't mind because he loved seeing Y/N so excited over it. Her belly kept growing and the baby remained active, making it hard for her to sleep. Everyone seemed prepared for the battle against Hela and Y/N agreed to stay on the ship and fire from there.

"Just like that though darling? After you made such a fuss that you were going to fight Hela too?" Loki asked. Completely skeptical.

"I'm not risking our daughter." Y/N said plainly.

"Whose name you won't tell me." Loki said. "If you don't tell me her name I will pick my own."

"I'll tell you her middle name." She said and Loki rolled his eyes reluctantly agreeing.

"Natasha." She smiled. Loki went wide eyed. "Her first name is a really important name. And I figured if anything were to happen to you or i that Nat would be her god mother. You pick the god father ok?" She kisses Loki's cheek and starts making baby clothes out of some of her old ones. She uses her magic to make them purple.

"Why purple?"

"Because we don't like pink." Y/N said as the baby kicked. Y/N chuckled as the baby moved. She grabbed Loki's hand and put it on her stomach. "Pink." The baby kicked hard and Loki jumped back a bit. Y/N had gotten used to the feeling of the baby kicking and moving around so she just chuckled. "Purple." The baby then pushed gently against Loki's hand and he chuckled.

"So she's already calling the shots?" Y/N's smile was melting Loki's heart all over again as she nodded.

"Oh um... I think I lost something of yours..." she said looking down. And Loki looked at her quizzically.

"Darling what do you mean?"

"There was a velvet green box in my bag which I assumed was something private of yours so I didn't open it or anything... but it's not in my bag anymore when I went to get some of my old clothes. To use as fabric..." Loki was wide eyed and flushed red.

"Y-Yes it is something private... um... d-don't worry about i-it I took it and have it hidden somewhere safe." Y/N sighed in relief. She assumed it was something of Frigga's so she didn't press the matter of the box's contents.

"Oh thank gods... I totally thought I lost it! I would not be able to forgive myself if I lost something of your's." Loki couldn't help but smile at how she treasured and respected him. He thinks about those nights in the tower of just reading and the nights she curled up to him. Not to mention her wide variety of music tastes as she shared those records with him. The time in the library where she fell just to grab a book and that second when their eyes met he knew he couldn't fight off his feelings for her any longer. "Hey what are you thinking about?" Loki smiled and she focused. When she read his thoughts she blushed bright red.

"Just when we lived at the tower. How I came to fall for you so deeply." He waived his hand and Beethoven's Waltz in E flat major began to play. He held out his hand smiling. "We will take it slow." Y/N took his hand and they danced. Y/N kept apologizing since she couldn't keep up with the original pace of the song but Loki didn't mind. He was just happy to be holding her in his arms. When the music stopped Loki stared into her eyes. He began to think about everything she had forgiven him for, how she had fought for him, and how she stayed by his side.

"Loki?" Y/N's voice snapped him back to reality and he smiled at her.

"Where do you see yourself in the next hundred years? Or even next year?" Loki asked.

"With you and our daughter." Her answer was quick and sure making Loki widen his eyes. She blushed a little and then looked down, fidgeting with her fingers. "I mean... If you still want to be..." Loki watched her fidget and she continued to ramble. When she turned around Loki smiled and got down on one knee and conjured the little velvet green box when she turned around she froze.