Chapter 4: The First Patrol

Marinette stood perched on the rooftop, the sunset as beautiful as roses dipped in water. The pink and blue creating another realm for one to dream.

The sky wasn't the only thing pink, it was also Marinette.

She couldn't believe she fell asleep, on Adrien's desk! He probably thought she was lazy and dumb.

She had slept after a day full of Ladybug and Marinette run offs, and Adrien had to call in Nathalie to wake her up.

How embarrassing! She hoped her inspiration Gabriel Agreste never hears of it!

That wasn't her biggest issue. She was about to patrol with Adrien!

What if she messes up? What if he hates Multi-Mouse? WHAT IF-

Her thoughts were interrupted as she heard a thud on the roof, turning around to meet crystal green eyes, and another detail.

His hair was out, thank the miraculouses, his golden hair looked better than to be covered.

He slightly looked like...

"Hello? Who are you?"

Oh right.

"I'm multi-mouse, Ladybug has chosen me to uh take place instead of her here! Not that I can replace her!"

She added, her memory returning to the Ladybug themed blanket Adrien owned.

"And you are?"

"Yeah of course, I'm Aspik, in replacement of Chat noir. Not that I could ever replace him just you know!"

They chuckled awkwardly both thinking of 'Marichat'.

"So patrol?"

"Yeah! Let's meet in 5."

"Sure."

And they were off, in different directions. Marinette's heart was thumping loudly in speed, as was Adrien's, but both for different reasons.

Meeting back in 5, they sat down, confirming nothing out of the ordinary anywhere.

"You hungry?"

Marinette asked, shovelling a small bag of sweets towards him.

He probably could've called her out and pealed off the seal from the original bakery to expose her if he didn't already know. But he did, Marinette probably would've been more careful.

They ate in silence, this time comforting. They didn't need to speak to know they trusted each other.

Their shoulders were side by side, and Marinette sometimes caught her head falling onto his shoulder when she'd restrain. Adrien had noticed, pulling her closer.

"Pound it?"

"Pound it."

The sun had nearly set, as they knew soon they would have to leave too.

Marinette engaged in a small conversation when she asked,

"Aspik, how does one stay happy in the worst of circumstances?"

Adrien felt conflicted as to why she asked this, was she feeling sad? Was everything alright? When had they spoken last on terms of life?

"I think having something than nothing is better. Plus you can't take out your anger on the world for something it didn't do. And being mean to it won't do much."

"Thanks, it helps a lot."

Content with company, the both ate in silence. Adrien felt someday he had to repay Marinette for these treats, even if she didn't know it was him who had eaten them. He also mentally set a reminder to ask her if she was doing alright..

The sun had alas set, as the heroes jumped their last patrol, a small observation of the calm city. Sometimes from the corner of each other's eyes, Adrien would see Ladybug, and Marinette would see Chat Noir.