Chapter 7: A resolution

Aspik didn't move, him angrily slapping the bracelet trying to activate second chance. It can't be, no! He'd use second chance, save Marinette and then it'd be ok! He'd see her ok at school nearly falling down the stairs and then he would help her back up! Yes! But she just got hit...No! Maybe this is why Luka is a better hero than him, he's just a useless alley cat incapable of keeping his own friends safe!

Tears blurred his vision, his head now spinning at the realization. If he only was better at being a hero! If only! Marinette would still be alive!

There was a large explosion as Aspik felt something hit him away.

He opened his eyes to see blue. It was so deep. As deep as the ocean and high as the sky. A baby blue dissolving into the darkest nights. Stars twinkling, as he realized his pretty bluebell were eyes, belonging to someone he thought he lost.

"Multimouse!"

He exclaimed in happiness hugging her. He held her tightly, he thought she was dead. This was real right? He held her as if she would fade away if he let go. 

She was here! She was alive!

She slowly pushed him, her face cross. "You said you had a plan! You nearly got hit what were you thinking Ad- Aspik!"

He was about to retaliate his anger when he saw tears streaming down her face.

"I thought you got hit."

He silently said.

"I moved from the wall ages ago."

He hugged her again, "You got hit and hurt and nearly died and I thought this time you died because I didn't use second chance and I'm the worst hero ever, no wonder I wasn't good enough as Viperion, Ladybug was right to."

"Aspik!"

Her stern command stopped him from rambling on and on as she looked him the eye,

"I got rejected for my mistake too. We both were, what makes difference is we learn and overcome it! You're not perfect, but you can try. Now will you try and help me, and prove we can be heroes too?"

Aspik smiled as she confidently smiled back, letting him know she'd be there whenever he needed. And for him it meant civilian and superhero life.

"Pound it?"

He asked.

"Pound it."

She smiled back.

Now both were fighting back against the villain, and as hard as it was for both the heroes that day, they knew they were happy to be a team again.

After all, what could ever split them? Or their team?