Chapter 6: He Lost her?

Both heroes sat in comfortable silence, when Multimouse got up,

"I think I'll check the-"

But she never got to complete her sentence, as a cannon ball hit her in the back, throwing her off the roof.

"Multimouse!"

Aspik screamed, now running to where she had hit. He arrived at the park, to see a long rift of dirt leading to Multimouse, who had hit a tree. She was still lying on the ground as he rotated her head towards him.

"Ma- Multimouse!"

Adrien felt emotions he couldn't explain. It was as if his world had been racked, his heart had been cut or dissolved, and he couldn't clearly decipher anything as he held the limp heroine.

Marinette groaned in pain as she sat up, "You know I didn't expect it to rain cannon balls today."

She rubbed her head as Aspik began interrogating her, "Are you hurt? Are you ok? Oh, who am I kidding it must've hurt, you should-"

"Aspik I'm fine, remember our suits?"

Adrien sighed; she probably isn't hurt then.

"But still."

"Aspik I'm fine, now we have to go and save the city from havoc, before cannon balls destroy the entire city."

"Ok, but if you are hurt you can leave, I'll manage."

"Obviously."

Lunging through rooftops the heroes rested towards the large mechanical sized robot who was shooting cannonballs everywhere.

"What's his problem?"

Multimouse muttered.

"Oh, are the ladybug and cat so cowardly they cannot the face the greatest villain of all?"

Aspik gave a laugh, giving out the lamest possible comeback which Marinette is sure that Hawkmoth must've rolled his eyes at.

"We'll see who canon balls the other out!"
And the fight broke out.

Mid-way Multimouse asked Aspik to activate his power, her multitude not in use just yet.

While Aspik in the wide open began twisting his bracelet, a huge canon ball made its way towards him, by the time he looked he knew it was too late.

He braced for impact which never came, yet he heard a yelp, causing him to open his eyes.

He saw Marinette being flung through the air, the cannon ball hitting against her stomach as she finally hit a building due for demolition, as she fell.

He was about to jump over when he saw the building crumble, now collapsing. He looked over at Multimouse, pleading silently for her to get up and walk back.

She didn't. She was as still as ever, not even flinching as debris fell around her.

Adrien knowing he'd be unable to watch his best friend's demise, came back to his senses, literally shouting, "Second chance!"

Now back, he tried to warn Multimouse, but alas she was already gone. He turned only to see a large shadow looming over him as the ball nearly hit him.

But yet again, Marinette took the hit, crashing by a light pole as it towered, nearly squishing her as Aspik screamed, "Second Chance!"

Multimouse hit a tree.

"Second chance!"

Multimouse crashed through 2 buildings.

"Second chance!"
Multimouse fell from the heights.

"Second chance!"

Aspik gasped, watching Multimouse, and knowing it was Marinette just added salt to his wounds. He felt his heart being sacked and cut in half every time he saw her fall or take a hit. He never knew his friend, let alone the first one he ever made meant so much to him. She always had, but now watching her take hits for him and get hurt again and again just stabbed him.

He told Multimouse to stay behind a wall, about some streets away from the villain. Hawkmoth better watch his back, this just got too personal.

Eyes into slits Aspik jumped away. He had told Marinette he had a plan, in reality he had none. Just keeping her safe was a plan enough though.

He jumped, nearly missing as a cannon ball brushed by his legs. Then he turned around and his heart stopped.

The ball hit the wall Marinette was behind as it crumpled. It fell. Aspik stood still. He had seen Marinette get hit tons of times so far, but he always used second chance before her demise. Now...

"Second Chance!"

Nothing.

He was still there.

Aspik's heart fell, his mouth now dry.

He had used his power. He couldn't activate Second chance anymore.

Marinette was gone. For good.