Chapter 13: Grandma's Intuition

Marinette sighed as she placed the trays of macaroons inside the oven. Wiping her forehead with her mitten, she leaned against the counter.

She had been up all night, unable to sleep that she no longer had to hide behind secrets, or how Adrien knew about her identity. Of course, she knew she never had him on standby in Kwami-Buster, he probably was nearby and saw her.

Her right cheek had green frosting, while the left cheek had pink frosting smeared on it. Flour also lightly tapped on her nose. She sneezed as Tikki jumped back. Giving her an apologetic look, Marinette returned to make cookies.

Her Grandmother was visiting soon, and she wanted to display her affections through making her cupcakes. Her Grandmother loved the Garden she had seen in the Netherlands, and her favourite design was made by pink flowers. Taking inspiration, Marinette decided they were the best choice of colours for the frosting, of course, according to her Grandma's letter, she loved Green and Pink. Either grass or emerald green, and the pink Marinette loved.

It proved to be much more work, considering she had to test out recipes WITHOUT her parents help, because they were busy trying to build a good cake representing Heroes Day Movie. A new Heroes' film had recently come out, and Marinette could view the preview if she chose to work as an attendant in the cinema. When she had asked them if she could go along, considering tickets sold out before she could buy them, they said it wasn't possible, however if she was willing to work she could. Marinette hadn't given her reply yet, hoping for some miracle to arrive and whisk away the situation.

Taking out the 2nd batch of macaroons she began to twist and add cream to the 3rd batch when she nearly dropped it as a voice murmured, "Mm, this is delicious, Marinette!"

She whipped around, her frock like dress flowing as she saw Adrien taking another bite and finishing the macaroon. She probably looked appalled or something as he gave her a nervous look, his hands at the front trying to apologise, "I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself. I'll help to make up for it though! It's delicious!"

Marinette starting laughing and she looked back at Adrien who stood confused, "I'm sorry, it's fine Adrien, you can have some more as well."

"My offer still stands though."

"What offer?"
In two long strides he was behind the counter standing beside her, and it was getting quite hard to breath for Marinette. He took the macaroon from her hand and began to place them together, "I wanna make these delectable macaroons with you."

She let out a breath she didn't know she was holding, "Of course! We need to make the batter for the next batch, it should be done by the time the macaroons in the oven are done. I'm making them with coconut."

A little while later, the batter was ready. Marinette had Adrien wear an apron and he handed her the supplies, and somehow he remained untouched by the flailing ingredients where as Marinette looked as if she was some food ingredient. A mess covered in flour, frosting and meringue. 

Marinette whipped the batter, and then left the bowl and turned around to make the frosting. Her sixth sense kicked in, "Don't even think about it Agreste."

"Adrien." Her voice was dangerously low, a threatening tone, "Don't you dare."
Adrien looked at her from behind, how could she see him? She probably knew him that well, after all her did steal a macaroon. He looked at his hovering finger above the batter. To do or not to do? If he did it, he'd be batter in hands of Marinette. To be or not to be? 

Well, too bad the answer is To be. He dipped a finger and tasted the batter, and turned to Marinette, "I think the balance is perfect." She turned around and he immediately wished he hadn't abandoned her wishes. Her eyes weren't slits, they were far too joyful and her grin was anything but. He gulped, he chose this fate.