Chapter 5: Puns

It was the next day at school, an Adrien was more than pleased his great friend Marinette was able to speak to him without stuttering.

In fact, they were able to complete the project in no time, receiving extra credit on being earlier than the deadline.

Adrien had to admire her skills in perfecting, his slanting tape with wedges could've gotten them killed.

Marinette had been actually engaging in a conversation with him, other than studies. And so, he decided to slip up a little joke.

"You know, Marinette, the mouse got hurt."

"Which mouse?"

"Mickey Mouse."

"Oh...and?"

"It went to the doctor, and the doctor asked which knee. He said... 'Disney'."

Marinette groaned, slamming her hands on her face, "You have got to be kidding me, Adrien."

"I am."

He let it be subtle, yet directed towards her. She never seemed to pick it up thanks to his advantage.

He sometimes thought of when Plagg had said, ''People are blind."

Well, Marinette isn't, and if she is then it works well in his favour as well.

That evening they had stood upon the heights of the city, breathing in to an entirely new view. He felt her gaze linger on him from the corner of his eye, and as he turned, he saw her turn her head away as well.

He had hoped he would get to know Marinette better, and he did. Slightly.

Adrien had begun to look forward to the patrols, counting the hours and minutes. Which stretched into forever.

He never counted the time when for ladybug, he never felt this excited to see another superhero.

Perhaps it was because she was his friend.

Or because he felt loved and wanted.

Marinette's heart would always start beating like a drum every time Adrien cracked a joke. Specifically, a snake or mouse joke.

They were subtle, but she thought she would probably connect the dots between him and Aspik being one person, there were only so many who were blonde with such Emerald green eyes.

She felt flattered Adrien always found it easy to show his human side where he was making stupid puns and jokes. He trusted her. He felt comfortable with her.

Being around him as a hero and civilian boosted her confidence, and she found it easier to speak to him and be...normal Marinette. If falling down the stairs every day was considered Marinette Normal.

Smiling to herself, she called on her Mouse transformation.

Arriving on the usual roof, she sat by the sunset, nearly about to address Chat Noir, before realizing he wasn't here and who she was.

"Hey Multimouse!"
"Ca- Aspik!"

Her breath hitched in her throat as she corrected her mistake, why was she thinking of Chat Noir when she was with Adrien?

Shaking off the thoughts she resumed to greeting Aspik.