Chapter 18: Lost

Lila had been courteous.

Courteous enough to break down the Agreste mansion door, entangle the main gate and basically demand they give back Marinette. She only stopped her vines from crumbling down the mansion when Adrien had stepped forward. His advantage was that she didn't know Chat's identity. 

Adrien fought back with words, but Lila threatened him to take down the mansion along with his family, who at the moment, were trapped. He gulped, he couldn't lose, not now. So he made the ultimate choice. He knew one thing that could have Lila leave Marinette and his family.

"You take me, and leave them!"

He demanded, and then everything stilled. The vines stopped rustling, his parents stopped struggling, and the air was still as ever. Then Lila smirked, "Very well, but I will take Marinette later on."

As the vines held him by the waist, they held him high in the air, carrying him behind her. He gritted his teeth, keeping the feel of ring in his hand. As he neared the exit of his gate, Marinette tore through the Mansion.

"Adrien! NO!"

Adrien turned his head around, he didn't do or say anything, but Marinette yet got the message. To trust him. And trust him she did, but it didn't stop her from running after them.

The vines slowly disappeared, along with Lila Rossi and Adrien. Gabriel sat unmoving, as Emily had her hand covering her face, tears pouring. Marinette felt awful, these great generous family suffering because of her. She then went to Emily, "I'm sorry, but I'll get him, I don't care how, what it costs, but I will."
"Do you remember?" She asked, shocking Marinette. How could she be so nice when Marinette, herself, was the reason Adrien, her son, was missing?
"No, but I'm letting my heart lead."

She then walked off to the bakery, greeting her parents. Putting on a fake smile, she said she needed some items for the project and will return to the Agreste Mansion soon. She searched through her room, hoping to find something to be unlocked. Whilst she was searching her pockets in the mansion, she had found a key. She could only hope this key was the answer to her problems.

At last, in one of her drawers, she found a pink box with a key hole. She put in the key, twisting it and voila! It clicked and plopped open, revealing a pink-spotted diary.

She sighed and began reading. Her eyes growing wider and wider, her cheeks now red as she realized why she had photographs of Adrien in her room everywhere. She then sat back on her chaise distraught.

She had given up the Miraculous Box, so she couldn't get access to it. Her ladybug miraculous was gone, what can she do? Tears filled her eyes, threatening to spill. She never felt so helpless in her life. Is this what she was as a civilian? A useless plain girl with impossible dreams? As if life heard her, something glistened at the corner of her eye running with tears.

A necklace.

Not just any necklace, the Mouse Miraculous. She thanked her past self for being careless and quickly put on the Miraculous as Mullo swished out.

"Time we stop Lila once and for all! Mullo, get squeaky!"

After her sequence of transformation she quickly jumped out onto the buildings. She thought she ought to have a better view from the Eiffel Tower, and so jumped towards the peak. She nearly lost her balance as a flood of memories on the Tower swarmed back. Odd.

She studied the city, no sign of vines or plants. Lila was a person with an issue of pride, but she wasn't stupid either. She wouldn't hide out openly, unless she wanted to lure in victims. Marinette thought back to everything written in her diary. Most of the villains either chose the Eiffel Tower, which was obviously not a choice. Or that room in the school. She thought it was quite obvious, and Lila wasn't an idiot. Hopefully, her pride would get injured today.