Feels like fireflies [6]

I looked at To- Tubbo, in disbelief almost.

I was genuinely surprised and I was smiling like crazy.

It felt so good. I didn't know what was it. What was happening.

-Are we-aa- Are you m-my.. Are we frieee.. are you.. my..?- I just, couldn't say the word.

Tubbo looked at me with sad eyes but a sweet smile.

-Yeah! We are friends!!!-

It was almost breathtaking, that moment when he said it.

He was my friend. My one and only friend.

It wasn't butterflies on my stomach. It was something else, something small and funny in my tummy.

I thought maybe one of my stomache wounds had opened, and has started bleeding because of the tickling sensation, but when I touched my shirt in confirmation of blood, there wasn't any.

I was confused but delighted.

It felt like fireflies, all making me glow with excitement.

A friend.

Finally, a friend.

It felt too good to be true. Almost too true.

I was too caught up on my thoughts that I didnt hear Tubbo calling me.

-Ranboo!!!- He shouted.

I flinched slightly and looked at him, I hoped he didn't notice.

I'm sure he didn't, because after that he started rambling.

From what I could hear he was.. apologizing? To me?

-I'm sorry I said that, I don't think before I speak, of course you wouldn't want to be friends with a stranger, stupid Toby, you obviously are uncomfortable right now I should of--

-N-No!- I interrupted

He looked up to me. He looked confused.. and something else.

-Huh?-

-I-I zoned out.. I.. I never had a friend before! It is ok if you don't want to now.. I just- I-I would like to call you.. Tubbo.. if it's ok‐-

-Omg yes!- Tubbo said. He sounded reliefed. -Also.. what are your pronouns?? I just assumed and-

-I-it's He/They.. I don't really understand pronouns tho. I.. W-what about you..?-

-It's He/him.. and do not worry dude.. C'mon.. we gotta go to class. Can I see your schedule?-

I took my phone and showed him my notes, because I had it written there.

I felt like light was beaming from me. Fireflies in my stomach, as he started screaming in excitement, seeing almost all our classes were together.

He started rambling about his friends and the great addition I would be to the group.

I started getting kinda nervous, because of The Boys.

For a moment.. a slight moment, I thought I could have a friend.

As he started talking about our new friendship, still holding my phone, I started panicking again because of the implications of ME having a Friend.

They would kill him if they saw him with me.

He couldn't find out about that.

I started thinking about how we met, a few minutes ago.

He saw me so.. vulnerable, so... myself.

I didn't want to see him like that.

Just as I was about to say something about it, he took my hand, because he saw me nervous.

-Is this ok?-

-Y-yeah.. I guess- I said.

And with that, we swam through the halls, towards our next class.

Together.