Chapter 3

Travel choice 3

I fantasized about kissing Cameron in circles all around his face whilst listening to him laugh, he was gorgeous and by god it was taking me everything not to throw myself at him.

A double decker hanging by its last rust skidded on the road and plummeted to a stop.

Cameron stood offering his hand, he was such a gentleman I have never met someone as sweet as him. As we climbed on board the bus a driver with inch thick glasses sent us a teethy grin. "Where too?"

"As close to the train station as you can get." Said Cameron with his charming ways.

"Two pounds fifty fare then each, please." The driver said sniffing. Cameron handed him five pounds and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"I think I can afford your fare for your sweet company." He whispered leading us to a seat.

"Your mother sure did teach you how to sweet talk girls. I can only guess the other girls you hit on earlier today turned you down, why else would you talk to me?" I laughed, suddenly Cameron looked annoyed like I'd said the wrong thing. I didn't mean to offend him, wasn't it obvious that I was joking around?

"Look at me." He said between gritted teeth, I didn't I felt ashamed. "Look at me!" He took my chin in his hand and forced me to look at him, once I got lost in his eyes I felt completely at ease again. "You are beautiful, you aren't my last resort, you are my first."

What he said made little sense but his smile explained itself. I'd only just met him, yet I already knew he was the one.

"Hey this is our stop." Cameron suddenly piped up. We grabbed our bags and jumped off the bus. The rain had turned to thunder now and I was soaked head to toe, my t-shirt hugged me tight and dripped. I looked Cameron up and down, hoping to see a tight shirt that exposed all of his abs, but instead his skin looked like flames had been gnawing at his skin. "Don't worry it always happens, water makes me rash." He must get used to people asking, I guess...

On the way to the station I saw a graveyard, it reminded me of Gran, I couldn't stop myself from thinking how I wouldn't even be able to visit her funeral, know one knew her as well as me not even grandpa. I couldn't stop them, tears joined the raindrops racing down my face. Cameron put his arm around my shoulders and comforted me as I wept with sorrow, I missed Gran so much, if only there was a way...

"It'll be okay." He didn't even pry into my life he just comforted, I liked how he held me. "Come on sweetheart, let's not miss our train." We ran to the booth with Cameron's arm wrapping me up tight and warm, we asked the woman for our tickets.

"Sorry, der ain't no Rail Seven der's only rails one to six." Said the ticket woman in a Jamaican accent.

"I don't understand?" I asked.

"Sorry dat because of me accent." She apologised.

"No, I understand what you said but why isn't there a rail seven?" I urged not wanting to miss the train (if there is one).

"Let me check again," she typed in the keyboard rail seven. "Ah it seems der used to be rail seven but de line it went to got damaged from the fire, Ede house in der village, even de god blessed church is poof." Again I started to cry.

"Please don't cry if your that desperate for a place, you can come stay with me." Cameron suggested.

"I don't know you that well." I knew I had deep feelings for him, though I wasn't so naive to accept an offer so large so easily.