62 - Reset and Legal

Thursday rolled by quickly and Sebastian and Rylee were now back at the hospital waiting for Dr. Singh in a small side room with a wall full of X-ray light boxes.

"Megan's got me nervous about this Ry."

"Don't fret. Whatever happens happens. We can get through it together."

"But I did what I shouldn't have done...and googled what could happen...and...if somethings healed wrong a lot of times they'll-"

There was a knock on the door and Dr. Singh entered with Megan.

"Hello Sebastian, Rylee, how've you two been?"

"Not too bad, yourself?" Sebastian responded politely, even if his nerves were shot.

"Not bad, not bad. Well, let's get right to it shall we? So Sebastian, you said earlier this week that you still occasionally experience pain in the leg that was broken, correct?"

"Yes, occasionally sharp stabs of pain, sometimes dull pains through the night."

Dr. Singh nods, "Well, your X-rays are showing us exactly why that is."

He stepped over to the wall and turned on the switch, sending a bright glow across the room. He quickly shoved the three X-rays they took a bit ago into the clip on the light box, so now the X-ray was fully visible.

Dr. Singh brought along a silver marker and circled the three places that Sebastian's leg had broken. "Can you see these three specific spots?"

Sebastian and Rylee both nodded.

"Well, those three spots should look like this.." and he slid another X-ray into the clip next to them. He circled the same spots and once he did, it was very easy to tell that things weren't looking how they should.

"This happens surprisingly more than you'd expect. Especially when someone had multiple breaking points at once. He pointed to the first circle on his X-ray marked A. Circle A looked perfect. Bones straight, everything in line. Dr. Singh even stated so, but then he drifted to Circle B, in which you would expect the edges of the bone to line up perfectly, just like in Circle A, but these ones do not.

Circle C also looks the same. You would look at the picture and expect to be able to shuffle it a bit to make the pieces line up, but no. The bones had healed slightly crooked, causing pain in the area.

Dr. Singh paused and looked Sebastian straight in the eye. "This is not ideal, but sadly it is our first course of action in these cases, but, in order to correct the bones, we need to reset them."

Sebastian's heart fell into his stomach. That was what he was about to tell Rylee before the doctor walked in and he was afraid of that.

"Now listen. Obviously it sounds scary. No one wants to break a bone to begin with let alone do it a second time on purpose."

"But this procedure is simple. We would use a local anesthetic on your leg and will indeed essentially rebreak the bone in both places and place in an internal fixation with plates and rods on both spots to help encourage correct regrowth.

"You'll be put back into a cast again until we give the bones time to heal and then we will do another set of X-rays to decide our next course of action."

Sebastian looked at the X-rays in aw. It was amazing how a bone being a small distance off from where it should be could affect your body so much.

"I would suggest we get you all scheduled up and into surgery for this sooner rather than later." Dr. Singh commented matter of factly.
"Sebastian?"