That summer of 1978

1978

☹☛☠☜☻

☹☛☠☜☻

AFTER SAM attacked Deena, they wasted no time in trying to find C. Berman.

Luckily, they remembered her address despite being in a life and death situation.

They arrived at her location and knocked furiously on the door, but nobody answered.

They looked at eachother and split ways, going to separate sides of the house to look for another way in.

They found a way in through the kitchen window above the sink, and just as Deena began climbing through, somebody yanked her down and held a knife.

And, that's how they all ended up here.

Deena shows C. Berman Sam, who is still tied up in their trunk with telephone wire.

C. Berman freaks out, telling them to get the hell off her property and run far away.

But after a few more convincing words from Deena, c. Berman gives in and warns them to keep Sam away from her dog.

Deena and Josh tie up Sam in the bathroom with rope instead of the wire and close the door.

They both arrive in the living room. Deena clears her throat to make their presence known to Berman, the older woman looks over at them.

They could still hear loud growls coming from Sam. Josh smiles.

"It's okay. She's tied up in the bathroom, so she like.. totally can't leave now, we're cool."

Sam let's out a loud roar and they both turn around and nod. "Yep, cool."

C. Berman rolled her eyes and sat down on the chair. "Take a seat." She pointed towards the ground.

The siblings both sat down at the same time. C. Berman opened the book that she held in her hands.

"In Shadyside, the past is never really past." She began, letting out a breath as she turned the page in her hands, one page containing the witch's mark.

She turned the page one last time before stopping when she found a picture.

"This was July 12th." C. Berman said slowly, like the mere memory of the camp brought back so much pain to her.

"The summer of 1978. The first day of camp." She picked up the picture, looking at it for a while before throwing it down.

"And a week later, my sister and one of my best friends were dead."