Full moon rises

1666

☹☛☠☜☻

☹☛☠☜☻

THE GIRL turned her head to look behind her at the call of her name.

"Sarah!" The girl stood up and walked over. She looked at her brother and her friend as they helped the animal give birth.

The loud squeals and snorts came from the pig. "There's one more. It's breeched." The boy looked up at his sister.

She walked over to his other side. "Hold her still." She reached her hands towards the pig's behind.

"I can feel it, it's fighting to get out." The pig struggled in their hold.

"I said hold her!"

"Sorry!"

All of the other piglets ran around in the hay, covered in blood and other fluids.

"Don't go wobbly on me now, Henry." The girl looked at the boy, he nodded, watching her hold a knife in her empty hand.

"On three.." she began counting down as she moved the knife towards the pig. Once she reached the number, she pulled the knife into the animal.

The pig squealed, the blood splattering on Sarah's face as she gasped, small smile forming onto her face as she looked at the piglet.

M/n crawled around on the floor as he tried to get ahold of the outlet that was running all over the place.

Sarah's father and herself would look at the two with small smiles.

The rest of the piglets were outside, being breast fed by their mother. This singular piglet was going to be given to their friend, Solomon, as a gift.

M/n had brought up the idea, and Sarah seemed to like it. They knew that Solomon had been having trouble farming on the land that he was living on.

M/n finally grabbed the pig and put it in the sack that he held in his hands. Once Sarah and her father had finished chatting, they left the home.

They walked into the village, looking at all of the villagers walk around, hauling horses and other animals back to their homes.

They walked passed their friend, Lizzie, who was carrying a basket. "A full moon rises before nightfall."

"A good night to enjoy the fruits of the land." Lizzie smiled as she lifted a cloth from her basket, showing a bottle underneath it.