6th Vlog 18:44 Day 305

Hello!

It has been a while since I made the last vlog about the life on Earth. To be honest the problems on the ship kept be busy and I had no idea what to talk about for quite some time. I thought I covered all the points of our recent history but I figured I left out a very important and immoral part of it.

This is something shameful that humanity takes pride in and it's hard to talk about it but I believe we should.

When the aliens left the Earth we hurriedly started building a new ISS (International Space Station) but not like the old one. The old one was made to do experiments in zero gravity and to see the effects of zero gravity on humans. This one was built differently. A school and a lab for gifted kids to train and learn the techniques of space combat. From the train room with zero gravity inside to the spinning wheel where the classrooms and bedrooms were. Classrooms with all the material necessary to raise a new generation of space generals. Why you might ask? Well, humanity is rather safe than sorry so we prefer being ready for nothing than not being ready and getting an invasion. So they chose the first two hundred kids from the schools all around the Alliance and sent them up at the age of fifteen. They started with pretty old ones as to even test the school out. It came out as a huge success.

After that they started classes for as young as ten and as old as twenty years old. I was one of those who were sent up to learn everything so I could assist on a completely new type of spaceships during out travels through space.

To be honest it wasn't an easy school but we still had fun and free time. I mean you let teenagers have unlimited access to zero G field with guns for four years. Of course we had fun in between our classes and duties. If you are wondering how we were able to learn to control gravity the answer is a simple one: humanity. We sent a few spies on the alien ships to get the information they did not share with us during the initial exchange. Yeah, I know, we aren't the good specie nor are we bad. We simply want to survive.

At this school only a handful of kids were accepted at first and all through recommendations. Kids with incredible gifts, minds and strengths. They were flown onto the ISS 2.0 and started the training. It was tough; we learnt from space flight mechanics to the diplomatic knowledge about each specie in the Alliance. We learnt about our black matter engines, space combat, everything that could come in handy during our space travels. It was weird to watch old footage of battles Alliance fought. They always fought in lines with these weird mushroom-looking spaceships. Nothing we ever saw before as we fight individually and in small groups. They attack simultaneously and basically look how many space crafts does each side has at the end of the battle. Completely insane mentality. They also always count on their numbers that their ship will stay undamaged. I don't know how to say it, but it all looks pretty prey-like.

It was rather fun comparing their battle ships to ours. They have a few very sophisticated weapons and big shields, while humans went for the small and manoeuvrable space crafts with a lot of ammunition on them. Guns and cannons everywhere. The smallest of our battle ships were cannons by themselves. We tried making some pilotless ones but realized that it couldn't be used for battles close to the planets as the pilots couldn't feel the gravity forces around them and adjust the flight to fight them. We lost multiple pilotless ships in gas giants.

The idea for space ships that are actually cannons came to us from America during one of the many wars. It was effective and proved useful. Our ships might have not been glamorous or elegant but they were fast and effective in combat and if you know anything about humanity, we care more about usefulness and resilience. They were extremely hard to destroy and they were able to take a lot of hits before collapsing. Yes, we stole the idea for the shields from aliens and made it better for our own spaceships.

In our school we started as the pilots of the one-man spaceships called grasshoppers so we learnt the duties and ways from the bottom up so we could never expect the impossible from our soldiers. We usually flew in duos as it was the easiest way to fight as we had each other's backs. From those we went up on the ladder and got to bigger and bigger ships and we commanded more and more people.

Some of us stopped at certain levels as we understood we were not able to wield the responsibility of the next level correctly. I stayed at the level of commanding about five carrier ships also known as the Spacebus ships among the students; which holds about two hundred one pilot ships each and each also carries about two projectile-like ships used to dismembering the enemy's site of an attack with stronger shields and only some weaponry attached. They had to make a fuss on the back side of the enemy's lines so we averted their focus away from our main ships. Useful and rather beautiful ships. Me and my classmates lovingly called them Spears as they went through enemy as smooth as spears.

To be honest this training was very strict and very few actually went up the ladder of command as on my level only fifteen others were left from the former two hundred. Only five went ahead. Those were our best.

For this exercises except for the ones in the one pilot ships we used the school's simulators which were modern and huge. We had a few larger ships on our disposition so we could train in fixing them. I fell in love with this part and I was soon assigned as a mechanic.

After the four-year period three of my classmates became the generals of the fleet and we their subordinates. In that time the next three generations came to the school and we got another year of extra study as the preparations for the Parliament of the Alliance. We learnt everything we knew about different species and all the greetings, simple phrases in their languages etc. It was hard year and the exam at the end even harder but no one from my class failed.

We were ready to greet the aliens properly.

Elizabeth Goodall logging out.