Lost in Space

Dark 00:30 and six months after Dean and Cass get together...

I don't think they realize that I'm an outcast, even though it's just the three of us.

You know, lovers bliss and all that.

My brother and I used to be tighter than professional stitches.

But staring into the mirror at the cuts on my neck, chest, and arms as Castiel and Dean... had some handsy pansy in the next room really shows it, kind of makes the misery seem more prominent. That was earlier this week.

The lack of a bond, anymore.
Now that those two are wrapped up in their own little world I've been forgotten, I'm not all Dean needs anymore.

I miss Castiel. I miss my brother. I miss the sence of family we used to have.

But overall I miss the sence of security I used to feel when my brothers had my back.

That Dean would hold me if I was dead, and not leave my body behind, to go check on Cass, who's fine.
That Dean would cry on me, and maybe my brain, likely still active for another few minutes, might register my brother one last time before Death came to see me.

That he would not leave me in my final moments, that he would not drop me to the concrete with a "Hold on!" And run to Cass.

Or maybe that Cass would help me somehow. At least take it all away quick. But no.

That Dean would at least cry once I was dead. That he would let me stay dead, make sure I'm not connected to anything.

But as I stood next to my abandoned body on the convenience store floor, lights flickering and Dean making Cass carry my bodice, I truely realized that Dean had gotten his domestic life he wanted.

Mixed in with the hunting that he loved.

But brothers don't usually live together all the time, I guess.
Was that it?

And as they stood around my burning body I crept to Baby, attaching myself to the hidden necklace I gave to Dean those years ago. The one he threw away, the one I saved.

The least I could do was keep him safe.

Even if he wouldn't keep me safe as I died.

Because I still love him.
And Cass.

And I would die again for them 100 times.

But please Dean.
Find it and wear it.
I need to protect you.