PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

Playful disco lights, dancing people, couple making out, the smell of cigarettes, liquor, and more.

Unlike the other nights, this night is different, there are a lot of people having fun.

On the other hand...

I've been eyeing this group of men having...  I think Bachelor Party? They are busy teasing this one guy saying, "Malapit nang matapos pagkabinata mo, enjoy-enjoyin mo na!" sabay tatawa.

Parang tanga.

I was just staring at that guy while drinking my shot of Cuervo.

Ang bata niya tignan para magpakasal or baby face lang talaga? oh well, he's not my type, anyway.

Sayang buhay single kung magpapakasal agad, lalo na siya, he looks liberated. I mean, I could tell because of the way he sits, his movements and even though he looked like a baby when he smile and laugh because of his baby face, his face still screams dominance

I was just thinking deeply while staring at him when a man stood beside me.

"Wanna fuck?"

My right eyebrow raised, straight to the point.

I faced him, Andrei. He's staring at me like he's expecting me to agree.

Too bad. "I'm not in the mood, find someone else."

"Woah, that's new. Bagong buhay?" he asked.

I laugh without humor, "bagong buhay my ass. I'm just not in the great mood to fuck. I'm tired from work, I just came here to relax."

Tinitigan ako ni Andrei hanggang sa tumango-tango nalang siya at nagpaalam na aalis.

Inilapag ng bartender yung shot ko, kinuha ko 'yon bago ko ibinalik ang tingin ko sa lalaking tinititigan ko kanina.

The moment I looked at him, I caught him staring. I caught him staring at me, intently.

I didn't look away. We looked like we're having a staring contest. I sipped through my glass without breaking the stare.

His eyes are beautiful, I must say.

I got the chance to check him out, his facial features. I must say that he is gwapo? I mean he has this close-set type of eyes, pointed nose, and thin lips, he also has a perfect jawline. Mukha din matangkad.

We stayed like that for a couple of seconds before I decided to stand up and walk in their direction.

We're still staring at each other, I'm almost close to their table when I decided to smile a little and looked away.

Nilagpasan ko ang table nila at pumunta sa mga taong kakilala ko na nasa likod lamang ng table nila.

"Hey, Laide," Rina greeted and the rest did too.

I greeted them back and stayed for a little chitchat before I decided to go back to the bar counter. 

Madadaanan ko ulit ang table nila, I can also hear their conversation.

"Are you really sure about your fiancée na, Tan?" One of them asked.

"I mean we didn't mean to offend you if you'll get offended, it's just that, Beatriz looks soooo, reserved and innocent?" Another one asked.

I walked past their table and continued walking through the bar counter to ask for one more shot of Cuervo.

I sat down.

Then I remembered... Beatriz, she's also getting married or whatever.

Hmmm, I hope she's not the Beatriz that I know.

I drank my last shot of Cuervo before I got up and walk towards the exit.