𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮

Taehyung

I removed my suit coat and hung it on the empty hook next to me, rolling up my sleeves in the process. The room was silent and cold, with large pieces of meat hanging from the ceiling on large metal hooks, and the walls were lined with steel, effectively blocking out any noises that would happen inside.

It didn't matter. The butcher shop was owned by me and long since closed for the day. No one was going to bother us.

"I'm not going to tell you anything! I don't care what you fucking do to me!"

Grinning, I cracked my knuckles. I liked nights like this, where I could forget a little while who I was and just punish someone. Normally I left it up to my guards, but this was a personal vendetta that I was going to deliver. "We will see about that."

At my words, the man was hauled to his feet and slammed against the wall. The man's expression faltered as he realized that he had nowhere to go, his eyes full of fear. I loved the sight of fear. It made me feel invincible, a driving force that reminded me that I was the one who was inciting the fear.

I drove my fist into his stomach. "You fucking asshole."

He let out a whimper and doubled over, my men holding him up and pinned against the wall. The man was a low-ranking Byunp soldier who had thought that he would be fucking smart and try to kill me in my own fucking club earlier. Tonight was the opening night of my club, Octagon, which was already touted as being the premier place to be. The sheer number of VIP passes and alcove rentals was staggering, and my accountant was in fucking heaven at the money he was going to watch rake in tonight.

I was excited, too, only because this would be the first thing I had started for myself. I had been ridiculed by not going the traditional route, like opening up a restaurant, but hey, I wasn't a traditional sort of person.

I landed another punch to the man's side, feeling the crack of ribs as I did so. When I was younger, I wanted to be a boxer and trained every day on my punches. My father used to laugh at me, shadowboxing in his room, but I hadn't stopped. I had even fought in some underground bouts after high school.

Nowadays I still put my skills to the test with my trainers, but there was no professional boxing future for me.

I motioned for the guards to let the man fall, taking my foot and kicking his sides that had just been brutalized by my fists. "You disrespected the Kim family by attempting to end my life." He grunted and attempted to curl up in the fetal position, but I had my line on him, and I wasn't going to let him not feel my wrath. Crouching down, I grabbed him by his hair and yanked his head back, seeing the murderous glint in his eyes. "You would have liked to kill me, wouldn't you?"

He spat, missing my face and landing on my shirt instead. "You Kim bastard. You deserve death."

"As do you," I said softly. I had come very close tonight to meeting my maker, and had I not seen the glint of the knife in his hand, I would be in a far different state of mind.

The problem was, he hadn't gone for my neck but to stab me first, likely to incapacitate me.

He should have killed me. An amateur mistake, of course, but he would pay for it with his life.

I broke his nose first, then his jaw, my fists barely feeling the crunch of bone as I laid into him, taking out my frustrations on his face. My hands grew slick with his blood and I stopped, rising to my feet. "Are you going to fight back, soldier?"

To my surprise, he did struggle to his feet, spitting blood on the concrete floor as he did so. "You will die," he said, his words garbled, considering I had broken his jaw. "I might not be the one to kill you, but you will meet your maker soon."