𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟰

Taehyung

I walked up the stairs to the isolated VIP section that was reserved only for me or anyone I deemed worthy of being in it, wondering what the hell I was doing. She was a distraction I couldn't afford to have right now, yet as I had watched her from across the dance floor, I wanted to insert myself into her situation. The asshole that had taken her on definitely didn't know what he had been getting into, and I was glad to know that he would no longer be in this club again.

I pushed aside the red curtain, the music and crowd noise muted this high up. There was a section of couches in red velvet, as well as a fridge full of my favorite drinks and a high-end bar set up with my selections of liquor. It was a private domain for me alone.

She followed me inside. "Wow," she stated as she walked over to the railing, peering down at the chaos below. "This is high up."

I walked over to join her, gripping the bar with my hands and peering down at the club scene below. It was packed tonight, just how I had expected it to be. "Scared of heights?"

She laughed, shaking her head. "No, I'm not, actually. Why are you all the way up here though?"

"So that I can oversee it all," I responded. Up here I didn't feel like anyone could touch me. Like I could anticipate any threats on my life or on my club. I could kick back and not be a don for a little while.

Believe it or not, it could be draining trying to live up to what everyone expected of me as a don. The club was my means of escape.

"Well that makes sense, I guess," she said, moving away from the railing and taking in the room I had brought her to. "Your club is lovely."

Lovely wasn't the word I was looking for. Hell, lovely made it sound like she had just stepped into some sort of boutique or some shit. "But?"

She looked at me with pursed lips, and I felt my cock stir in response. It wasn't just the argument that had drawn me to her. It was her red dress, clinging to her curves in a way that had more than one man checking her ass out. Her hair was dark, her eyes nearly the same color, and that body—she had places that a man would fucking love to put his hands on, among other parts of his body. I, for one, wanted to touch it all.

"It's loud," she finished, taking a seat on one of the couches. "I mean like really loud. My ears are still ringing."

I arched a brow. "It is a dance club, you know."

She smirked. "Really? I thought I was in a church."

Smartass. I grinned as I walked over to the bar and poured another drink, flexing my hand as I did so. I could still feel the soreness of my knuckles after beating the hell out of the soldier, but it was a good kind of sore.

The kind I liked, and this night was only getting better. "Tell me about yourself."

"You really don't want to know about me."

I joined her on the couch, shedding my coat before stretching my legs before me. "Humor me." I was in a fucking great mood now, entertaining a woman who was already surprising me at every turn. She wasn't like the women that I normally dealt with, and I was going to enjoy it, at least for a few hours.

Her smile died, and she looked away. "My fiancé cheated on me. I caught him this afternoon."

Well, hell. An unbidden need to crush her fiancé filled me, and I hated that I had even brought it up. The pain on her face was evident, and I knew what that pain felt like.

Not because I had been cheated on. There was no loyalty with the women I fucked, nor did I want any. A girlfriend, a fiancée, a wife would be a weakness for me, and my enemies would waste no time in hurting me in that regard. I would one day have to take someone if I wanted to continue the legacy, but I wasn't ready.