𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟵

Y/n

Moments Before

I sat back in the chair as Ms. Lee disappeared out of the doorway, her words hitting me like a well-placed punch to the gut. She had been my red siren the night of my club opening. The moment she had said it, I could picture her hair down around her shoulders, her dress hiked up past her waist as she had ridden me, giving me the release of the night.

Sure, there had been many women since her. I had used the VIP room repeatedly throughout the first year of my opening, a chance for me to relax and forget the shit that surrounded me.

But never had I forgotten the woman who had helped me christen it.

"Boss? Do you need something?"

I waved a hand at Ahnjong, not wanting to deal with her shit today. "No, I'm fine. Go take your lunch early."

"It's only ten o'clock in the morning."

"Then take the rest of the fucking day off," I growled. "Just get the hell out."

She huffed and walked away, leaving me to brood in silence. Not only had I come in contact with her, but she had told me something that had frozen the blood in my veins.

We had a child together.

"Shit," I breathed, thrusting a hand through my hair. I had always been cautious, not wanting to bring any bastards into the picture with women who would then milk me for money constantly.

And we had used protection.

Maybe she was mistaken.

But as the thought crept into my mind, I dismissed it. I doubted that she was the type of person to sleep around. I remembered how broken she had been about her ex cheating on her, and I had been the one to goad her into sleeping with me that night, with a little help of alcohol. She had been nothing like the woman that had shown up in my office today.

Today she had looked very professional, almost a woman I had dismissed the moment she walked into my office.

I had thought her boring and had riled her up just to make the meeting more pleasing for me.

Little did I know I was dealing with the same woman who had my cock in her mouth a year before.

Had I known...well, the meeting might have been a little more entertaining.

But a kid? A surge of male pride and satisfaction shot through me as I thought about her words. A son, she had said, the rightful heir to the Kim family fortune. If what she was saying was true, I now had a successor, and a shitload of issues to boot.

A son. The thought was nearly impossible to fathom, yet I wanted to hang onto the hope that he could be mine.

I opened my laptop and tapped on the screen, pulling up the archive of footage from the club. I kept it for two reasons. One, to bust the bartenders that were stealing from the cash drawers occasionally, and two, to look for Baekhyun's men and women in the crowds that filtered in every night. It was a way for me to monitor the club from anywhere in the world, and while Jungkook had stated that he had it, I couldn't help but look at myself.

I filtered through the thousands of files before I found the one I was looking for, the beginning of the club's opening night, where I had been in attendance. It seemed like years ago instead of just one, but now I could remember it vividly.

I maneuvered my way through the crush of people, satisfied with what I saw. After all the hype of the club opening, it was going to make a shitload of money for me tonight and every night going forward. "What do you think, 조폭?"