𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟯

Y/n

Two weeks later

I glanced at the door and sighed, feeling the anxiousness build up inside me for what might happen today. Two freakin' weeks I had been locked in this room, with only the guards to bring my food in and escort the cleaning lady in to take care of the room. Now I understood what it meant to be locked up in a prison cell, though mine was far posher than the original.

Still, it was a prison, no matter the comfortable nature, and right now, I hated the man who I was married to.

Okay, hated was a strong word. Maybe the first few days I had hated him, but as the days turned into a week, I had let go of my hate. Now I just mildly detested him. After all, he was trying to prove a point, attempting to make me be more docile and readily follow his rules so that he could have this peaceful existence of what our marriage should look like.

Well, if he thought that this little reprieve for him and Hyun Ki was going to make me react any differently, he was wrong. If nothing else, it had fueled the fire to continue to be the person I was when I had walked through the penthouse doors, and I wasn't going to change for anyone.

Including him.

I rose from the bed and walked over to the window, peering down at life as it moved around me. I had done that many times over the last two weeks, having a fuller appreciation of how free my life had been before I had met Taehyung. I had just started coming into my own life, free from the confines of a relationship or even monetary needs, but now I was right back in the same situation.

I just had a bully for a husband.

Really, I couldn't blame him totally. He had told me not to go into his personal domain, and I had. I would feel the same way if someone had done it to me, minus the fact that I would lock them in a room because of it.

That and based on the fact that Taehyung's entire world seemed to thrive on bullying and rage, he probably didn't know how else to react to my disobedience.

I really preferred the first time, even if it felt like torture. It had been a nice torture.

My mind flickered back to the way he had reacted to my accusation about the picture. I had hurt him. He had managed to cover it up nicely, but after a few weeks in his presence, I was beginning to understand his mannerisms just a little more. The picture was something he had fears about, something that hadn't been a happy memory.

Maybe it was the first wife that he had loved deeply, and losing her had made him into the man he was today. That would explain a lot, though I really hated the fact that it could be true.

I also felt like I was crazy for even having softening feelings about him. I mean, he had locked me in a room, away from my son, for two weeks! Who did that?

I missed Hyun Ki like the very air I breathed. Not being able to hold him or rock him to sleep at night was tearing me apart.

Taehyung, however, seemed to not be the monster he was making himself out to be. He had left on the video feed for me, allowing me to see Hyun Ki from afar, and after I got over the initial shock of what was happening, I started to really be interested in his interactions with Hyun Ki.

Taehyung had a routine, and each night I would wait anxiously for him to walk into Hyun Ki's room. For the first few days, his interactions had been more wooden, but the more he spent time with Hyun Ki, the more it seemed he enjoyed himself. I caught some rare smiles from Taehyung at Hyun Ki's antics, watching as he lovingly rocked our son to sleep each night.