𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟱

Y/n

I wrapped my arms around my waist as I stared out of the window, watching another day disappear behind the numerous buildings below. I had always loved to watch the sun set in the city, the way the rays would filter and bounce off the glass of the buildings downtown or reflect on the Han.

But today I had no joy in what I was watching. My life was in shambles, turned upside down to the point where I didn't know which way was up. Taehyung was a monster.

I had slept with a monster.

Turning away from the setting sun, I looked at my prison, hating every aspect of the room. No matter how hard I banged on the door or how loud I screamed through it, no one came. No one bothered to let me in on what was going on, nor did they bring Hyun Ki to me.

Sure, I could watch him on the video screen, seeing that he was being properly cared for by a kindly older woman who had appeared the morning after I had slept with Taehyung again. She had changed and bathed my son, feeding him in his room and playing with him when he was awake. I had seen no sounds of distress from Hyun Ki either, making me feel like he was adapting better to his new living situation than I was.

Of course, he was. He didn't feel the sheer panic in his veins, knowing that he couldn't get to his mother. He didn't realize what Taehyung had done, nor did he care as long as his needs were met.

I couldn't complain about that. My needs were also met, with my food being delivered in a dumbwaiter that had been built into the wall. A meal was delivered like clockwork and though I didn't care to admit that I liked anything about this situation, the food was excellent and full of my favorites.

Whether that was intentional or not, I didn't know, but it was enough not to have me throw it against the wall in defiance.

But as good as the food was, I wanted nothing more than to have Hyun Ki in my arms, to assure his safety and just breathe in his smell. This was the longest I had been away from him and with each passing second, I felt like the vise grip on my heart grew tighter. Seeing him wasn't enough. I needed his little body snuggled against mine, feeling his small sighs as he slept.

Surely, Taehyung didn't mean to keep us like this forever. This was the surest form of torture for me. A piece of me was missing, having my arms be this empty. I almost felt guilty for the pleasure I had enjoyed last night with Taehyung, not realizing that this would be the outcome of that time. Was I just here for the sex? He was supposedly a mob boss. Surely, he could get all the sex he wished for.

The door suddenly opened, and I let out a small cry as I saw Hyun Ki in the arms of his father, his little arms clutching Taehyung's dress shirt. "Y/n," Taehyung said, his voice like smooth whiskey.

My body shivered uncontrollably, and I balled my hands into fists, wishing I didn't have this sort of reaction to him. "Please," I whispered. "Please let me hold my son."

His gaze flickered to Hyung Ki. "Our son."

So, we were going to play it this way. "Okay, our son. Please, just give him to me."

Taehyung's jaw clenched. "Only if you come and have a drink with me."

I would throw myself off this building if it meant I could have Hyun Ki in my arms. "Yes, whatever."

He handed Hyung Ki over and I gasped as I breathed in his baby scent, burrowing my face in his hair. "Hey, little guy. Mommy has missed you."

He whimpered, likely feeling my panic, and I forced myself to calm down. Hyun Ki didn't need me panicking, and I didn't need to lose it for his sake and mine. I had to find a way out of this.