𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟰

Taehyung

I wiped the knife on the cloth that Jungkook held before tucking it back into my boot, nodding to the body that was crumpled on the floor. "Call in the cleaners. I want this place spotless."

Jungkook shook his head as he looked at the dead man. "Yes, 조폭. No worries, boss."

Giving the body one last look, I strode out of the room, back toward the front of the apartment that the dead man had let us in willingly just an hour before. It was a shitty place in a shitty area of the city, and given the state of the apartment, it would be days before anyone would notice his absence.

I stood by the window, staring at the brick building that was nearly touching the one I was standing in. This morning had been full of work, including tracking down the asshole who thought he could steal guns from my latest shipment.

As if I didn't already have enough to worry about with Baekhyun trying to do the same, now I had those that I had hired pilfering my shit.

I hated a thief, and now this one was dead, his body carved up in only the way I did. I relished in making it hurt, pushing the body to the limits until it felt like their skin was inside out. I wasn't going to lie. I had studied where it was best to draw out torture with a knife, from the right nerve endings to the muscles to cut so that the pain would linger.

He had double crossed me, and he had paid for it with his life.

Sighing, I walked over to the kitchen area and turned on the faucet, washing my hands under the lukewarm water to rid them of the blood that still remained. My cleaning crew would ensure that every knob, every handle was wiped down to erase the errant fingerprints from myself or my guards. They were experts in the art of making evidence disappear.

Not that it mattered. I couldn't even begin to think of all the times I had been hauled downtown to the police station for questioning. While I had bought my way through the police force, there were still a select few who liked to step out on their own, thinking they could take down a Mafia boss.

They didn't realize that they were wasting their time in even thinking about it. I had lawyers at my disposal to fight even the toughest charge, and my coffers ran deep in terms of bailing myself out.

I was nearly invincible, and not only that, I was careful. That made me especially dangerous and was why my family had lasted so long in this business. We weren't scared to take chances, that was for sure, but we also weren't stupid and knew when to pull back.

Today was not one of those days for me. Coupled with the fact that I had an angry woman locked in my penthouse and a shitload of worry now on my shoulders, I was looking for a way to release some pent-up energy.

My cell rang and I dried my hands before pulling it out of my pocket, noting the restricted number. "Yeah?"

"Kim. I didn't think you would answer."

"Byun," I growled, the phone clenched in my hand. "What the fuck do you want?" It wasn't uncommon for Baekhyun to call me randomly. No matter how many times I tried to trace the number, I couldn't get past the tight security he had around his location. It pissed me off, knowing that he was within my reach but just barely outside of it as well, but it wasn't for lack of trying.

He chuckled. "A little birdie has just informed me that you have a new squeeze in your life. I'm just calling to congratulate you."

Fuck me. Y/n had only been in my possession for a day. I figured he would find out soon enough, but this was faster than I had anticipated.

"Cat got your tongue, Taehyung, my boy?"

His voice was taunting, and I knew that he knew he had information that could be damaging to me. "Jealous?" I said lazily, not letting him hear the truth in my voice. If he found out about Hyun Ki, he would stop at nothing to take my heir away from me.