𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟬

Taehyung

Jungkook didn't let me down.

An hour later, my cell rang. "I got the address. Shithole neighborhood."

I ground my teeth as he rattled off the address. "Come get me. We will be paying a visit."

"What will you do?"

I caught the hesitant note in Jungkook's tone. "If it's my kid, then I will protect them." The last thing I needed was for Baekhyun to catch wind and take it upon himself to limit my bloodline again.

The horrors that my nephew and my sister had endured were worse than anyone could imagine, and just knowing that I had a son out there that could be just as vulnerable sickened me. That was potentially my flesh and blood, without my protection.

I could not let that happen.

"Baekhyun could be tracking you," Jungkook said, pulling me away from my thoughts. "You will lead him right to them."

"It doesn't matter," I answered harshly, trying to wipe away the feeling of dread that had just come over me. "They are coming with me."

"I will be over in ten."'

I ended the call, tossing the cell on the desk. I couldn't even imagine the fact that I could be a father, but more importantly, I couldn't protect him right now. He was out of my reach, in the arms of a woman that didn't look like she could protect anything.

And fucking Baekhyun. He would be a dead man if he thought that he could go after anything that was mine. I had let my family down before. I wasn't planning on making the same mistake twice.

Rubbing a hand over my face, I pushed out of my chair and stared out of the window. There was nothing but the view of the building next door, but I had hopes that that view would change in the next month or so. What would Y/n think once she learned who I was?

By now, she already knew that I was a wealthy man. I could buy my way into anything and out of anything if I needed to. I could set up a comfortable life for her and my son, if he proved to be my son, that is.

Was she thinking that this very moment, or was she frightened at the man that she had fucked that night? I hadn't given away anything in the interview, but a few well-thought-out internet searches would let her in on who I truly was.

And I wasn't the type of man to fuck with.

Even if she caught wind and tried to run, I would catch her. I had contacts everywhere in the city and beyond, though I didn't peg her for a runner.

But if her son was in danger, I doubted she would be in her right frame of mind to begin with.

"Fuck," I muttered. I had a kid. The word still was foreign to my brain, thinking of all the times I had fucked a woman in my past and never once had this happened.

Well, if it had, no one ever told me.

There was someone other than myself and my family name to think about now. If this kid did prove to be mine, it was going to be my fucking responsibility to keep him safe and away from Baekhyun.

Or any other enemies that cropped up. While Baekhyun was a damn thorn in my side who had wronged me far too many times, I had other enemies too. We weren't the only two Mafias in town. The Irish Mafia still had strong ties to Lee's Kitchen, and they tended not to get involved in my shit unless someone crossed a line they hadn't known was there. The last time I had sat down with their leader, he had instructed me to keep my Asian ass out of his business.