Chapter two - Safety

Tw mentions of abuse/rape
The figure was made out to be a woman but Riley couldn't see much as it was almost pitch black.
At this point she didn't actually care, she was so wound up in her physical state that she slowly slid her back down the wall and covered her exposed body. As much as she didn't want to, she started to cry as the pain she'd felt that day began to sink in and really punish her.

"Hey hey hey it's alright I'm so distraught by what I just witnessed I can't get my words out but it's going to be okay babe." said a soft but damaged voice. The woman was broken from what she had seen. She was watching from the moment the girl sped down the corner and was about to see if she was okay but then the man came chasing after her so she felt it was safer to hide herself.

Weirdly Riley felt safe enough to pull her pants up. The woman offered her hand to help her up. She was hesitant but ended up taking it, after all what did she have to loose. As soon as Riley stood up she cried out. That was it. The pain hit her in all the many places she had been injured that night.

The woman whined at the sight "Oh babe honestly I'm so sorry this happened to you and I know it may not seem like I care but I'm deeply concerned for you right now but we really need to get you to somewhere safer before I can help with your injuries. Is it okay if you come with me just so I can help you please I really think your quite badly hurt."

Riley nodded but didn't speak, she also wasn't sure if she could walk. The lady must have read her mine as she gently lifted the girl as delicately as possible and walked over to her car. Riley held on whilst burying her head in the woman's shoulder. She placed the girl in the front seat and put the seat back so she could rest. In the light the woman could now see her wounds a little bit more. She gasped at the sight and was amazed at how the girl wasn't crying out in pain.

"How old are you hun?" she asked
"I'm 14 tomorrow." Riley managed to spit out before drowning in her own pain once again. The young woman let out a concerned frown but remained driving.

Ten minutes pass and they finally pull up to the driveway of what looked like a resort. Riley was barely awake but not tired just physically drained of all life. The woman lifted her out of the car and walked her up to the front door trying to avoid any possible pain being reformed. Riley was in too much pain to care about how big and beautiful the house was. The woman placed her on one of the beds in the guest rooms.

"What's your name sweetie?" the woman asked softly, kneeling down next to her.
'sweetie' ...
Instantly Riley closed up at the mention of that word she so hated, sweetie
"He used to call me that."
"Who's he?"
"That man that you hit with the bottle, my" she paused
"My dad.." Riley said shakily even the mention of him made her swirl up inside retreating all of the suffering he'd caused her for the past 13 years.

The woman sat up, horror plastered across her face almost as if she'd had the same experience.
She cleared her throat and then spoke clearly but now in a more serious tone than before.
"That man in the ally who did those things to you back then, was your dad." she asked as if she'd just seen a ghost.
Riley nodded, the woman probably noticed that she gave off a weird impression so quickly smiled but it soon faded.

"Okay hun what's your name?" she said
"Riley."
"That's a beautiful name Riley I'm Scarlett, nice to meet you I realise I haven't properly introduced myself to you I was so wound up watching the.
She paused reminding herself it's never helpful to bring up past trauma to anyone already in pain.
She resumed talking after a brief pause "Now Honey I understand your wounds hurt, yes?"
she said looking up at me for approval.
"yeah a lot."
Scarlett sighed and gave her a worrying smile.