Chapter one - Pain

TW this story contains abuse/rape please don't read this if mentions of physical or mental abuse effect you in any way :)

The sun began to set in the city of manhattan, the sky's began to dim and the air shifted.
Riley shakily held onto her cover book, "Beauty beyond" it was the only thing she had left that actually meant something to her, that book had a special place in her heart because it was the only
thing she had that reminded her of Arlo, her brother.

A Loud thunder of feet that consumed the walls could be heard from her so called bedroom a dreaded feeling approached Riley leaving her distressed, clutching herself and her book tightly into the corner of the room furthest away from the door as possible.

Her heart started to pound as the feet could now be heard on the stairs. Fear struck the girl heavily as the door opened with force.
There in the doorway stood a large man.

He had a strange uneasy vibe to him that unsettled Riley to a uncomfortable extent. He was tall with loads of deadly tattoos. The type of man you'd find in super edgy book the one that your afraid to look in the eyes. The Villain...

Much to Riley's dismay this particular man wasn't out of a book but in fact was standing at her door very much alive in the flesh. He had a venomous smirk on his face that faded the small bit of happiness left inside of her resulting in her feeling extremely vulnerable inside.

"Sweetie..." he said in a almost villainous tone
"I hate when you call me that." Riley said boldly, instantly regretting it she shuffled back and looked to the floor. The man looked impatient but remained calm at least for now.
"Now now you know what happens next." he paused "Look what time it is."

Riley reluctantly turned her head to see the clock hung on the plain wall, the clock read 8:03 pm
she gulped and turned to face the man. Her face was pale but read no sign of understandable gibberish. The man rested his hands on her shoulders causing her to flinch up.

"Cant read the time now can we, your almost 14 and you still cant read the time but you have the brains to waste time reading stupid meaningless books like that." He spoke angrily and snatched the book out of her fragile hands, forcing her to shout but then immediately
regretting it.

He was right her birthday was actually tomorrow but he never celebrated it so why should she.
Her birthday had never been something to celebrate because all she knew was pain there was nothing else to her life so it was just like every other day.
Painful.

"Oh yeah does this book mean so much to you huh?" he asked mockingly. He held the book by the cover and started ripping pages out of her so beloved book. Tears flooded her eyes a as she watched the final page fall onto the crooked floor. It was like watching Arlo fall to the ground all over again like she needed to relive that traumatic experience. Every day to Riley was traumatic it was like going to school. But then again she never went to school.
She had no one.

The man grabbed her hand and quickly turned to face her. "The clock said 8:03 and you know what happens at 8 you pathetic piece of shit." He shouted in her face before forcefully dragging her out of her room to the basement and oh how she hated that place.

It held her worst nightmares, her fears. She was convinced that by now the amount of tears she she'd inside should have created a pool by now or something, but soon came to realise that was probably just another one of her thoughts to escape the nightmares she has to live in reality.

He shoved her into the room, stimulating her to fall harshly on the hard floor. He walked over to his tools at least that's what he calls them leaving Riley alone with her thoughts for a bare second, which was never a good idea. Fear ushered through her body she almost fell into the corner of the room. He retreated slowly towards her creating more fearful energy by the second.