Chapter seven - Emotions

No one's pov

"No, please no."
"Help!"
"Get off me." Riley's screams echoed the room after a pleasant birthday her brain couldn't let her just have one good day.

The screaming continued whilst Riley rolled around in her sheets uncontrollably. Scarlett didn't seem to be around, Riley'd heard the front door shut so that was probably her.

Her shrieks got louder as her dream progressed, memories pleading entry into her mind as they surrounded her brain. "No Stop!" she rolled herself off the bed onto the floor.

The front door slammed and loud footsteps got closer when Scarlett swung the door open kneeling next to Riley's side caressing her back as her cries softened.

Scarlett didn't speak she pulled her into a warm
hug wrapping her arms around Riley's small body.
She kissed the back of her forehead now placing her in her lap.

———————————————————————————
Riley's pov

I woke up in Scarlett's lap who also appeared to be asleep. Her head was resting on the edge of the bed while her hands were holding my waist.

I realised I'd probably wake her up if she tried moving at all so just decided to stay put. She lay her head into Scarlett's neck.

"Hey darling girl." she spoke her words soft as her hand brushed across my cheek. I sighed loudly pushing my head further into Scarlett's hair.

"I'm sorry." my voice quiet and muffled through a lot of hair. "You have nothing to apologise for." Scarlett ran her fingers through my hair bringing me a sense of relief.

"If you want to talk about it I'm here."

I lifted my head to look at her. I quickly smiled looking down and avoiding eye contact.
Scarlett's brows lowered following with a sympathetic look.

"Maybe some day you'll feel comfortable enough to talk about with me. I understand how it can feel to open up to someone, take your time."
She smiled lightly

I looked around the room, while fiddling with the necklace around my neck.
"It's not that I don't want to, I just don't know how.
I mean he's my dad and he chooses to take advantage of m-"

Scarlett's hand cut me off as she lifted a finger to my mouth. "Talking about its good, talking about what he did in that way isn't going to help anything babe."
Her words stern but with warmth.

I was silent for a while not knowing if I should answer or not. "Do you want to go somewhere?"
Scarlett asked her hands in her hair.

"Sure."
"Okay just be prepared."
"For what?"
"Emotions."
I nodded unable to find any form of answer in her eyes.

"Get ready honey." She got up and left the room and a small smile formed across my face. I got up and combed through my hair, adding mascara, some earrings and a couple of sliver rings. Picking out an outfit wasn't a struggle seeing as I barely had any clothes other than the outfit I wore for my birthday and Scarlett's hoodie.

A knock on the door brought my attention away from the clothes and I walked over to open it.
"Here." Scarlett handed me a fresh new outfit that seemed to be exactly my size. "Thought you could use some clothes." She smiled.

I thanked her before slipping on the outfit, though it was simple I had to admit Scarlett had immaculate taste.