Chapter five - Pancakes

The fresh smell of baked goods travelled into Riley's bedroom, she felt her nose begin to twitch as the luscious scent fulfilled her hunger. Strolling around the room looking for something reasonably comfortable to wear Riley couldn't help but smile to herself now remembering the sweet events of the night before. Though she couldn't find anything her size she did manage to find a custom grey sweater that must be Scarletts considering she lives alone.

Riley could still smell the sweetness of the assumed breakfast as the lack of food began to catch up with her. She quickly pierced her head through the sweater as it hugged her body it's warmth and its smell brought a sense of ease and comfort to her. 

She almost made it out of the room before she stepped firmly on a rather large piece of lego she yelped as the pain strained her from any movement causing her to fall to the floor. Her hand now rested on what seemed to be a photo frame, the picture seemed be of a family. Riley could make out Scarlett was in the photo, this man who looked near enough the same age as her and a small child who must be about 7.

Riley ran her fingers over the little girls face, she had big brown eyes and dirty blonde hair.
"I wonder who that is, and that weird man." Riley spoke to herself just as she heard loud crash followed by a very distinct sound of frustration from
Scarlett. Though she tried not to, she let out a agitated "fuck" from time to time leaving Riley in constant laughter. She even said a faint sorry afterwards making it funnier for the two.

"You okay?" Riley asked unsure if Scarlett would even want company right now but she smiled in response followed by a heavy sigh. "Yeah I'm fine, just burnt my finger on the pan that's all." Scarlett sighed avoiding eye contact with Riley. She smirked lightly trying to end the silence. "The crash too?" seeing as she didn't get a response just a faint smile she could tell something was up..

Riley looked at her finger and then back to up to meet her eyes. She hadn't let herself really look at Scarlett long enough to realise her insane beauty.
She let her eyes wonder a little more darting around Scarletts body. "What?" Scarlett smirked again sliding a strand of loose hair behind her ear revealing her many piercings.

"Nothing you're just really pretty." Riley smiled at her. Not letting her reply she spoke again.
"So what you making?"
Scarlett laughed and gestured for her to follow her inside.
"Pancakes as a treat as I thought it would be nice, you know?" She grinned at Riley.
"Smells delicious, is your finger okay?" Riley asked hinting back to the previous conversation.
Scarlett nodded with a slight smile to reassure her.

Riley took the hint and walked over to the dining room. It was plastered with vibrant colors in and throughout the design. Different out of the box paintings hung up on the wall, lights built into the walls of the house as well as a dazzling unique chandelier above the table. It was beautiful.

Riley was a bit suspicious of to why there were so many chairs seeing as she lived alone but thought nothing much of it as it's probably for friends and family when they come over

Now that she was thinking about it, she realised that she didn't really know much about Scarlett apart from that she was quite rich. Maybe she'd take this day to get to know her a bit more.

Riley thanked Scarlett as she placed a elegant white plate down by her side, three pancakes were piled neatly on top of each other, maple syrup, lemon and sugar were in luxury compartments with a plastic spoon in each one.

Scarlett raised her eyebrow. "Like it?"
Riley gave her a wide smile expressing her true happiness. Scarlett stared at her for a while just admiring her smile. She'd never thought she'd get a sense of compassion from watching someone's genuine happiness. Just knowing that she probably saved this girls life brought a strong warmth to her heart, catching her off guard she quickly became aware tears were beginning to form in her eyes.

"Sorry excuse me." Scarlett speedily walked into the corridor, shut the kitchen door and immediately burst into tears of joy. Grabbing her phone she dialled a number.
"I love her." her voice quavering as she spoke.
"What?" a sweet voice replied. Scarlett took a deep breath before replying. "I think I love Riley."
"Wait, a minute ago it was I love her, now it's I think I love her?" The voice laughed.
"No need to reply I can hear you rolling your eyes through the screen." Scarlett laughed softly.
"Shut up Lizzie."

"I have to go" Riley walked through the doors to see Scarlett back against the wall on the floor tears streaming down her face. A worried look soon formed on her face. "Are you okay?" She asked her genuine concern on her face. Scarlett ended the call and wiped the tears from her glowing cheeks.

"I'm fine honestly, quite happy actually!" A smile escaped her lips and her green eyes shimmered through the tears. "Can I sit?" Riley asked politely.
Scarlett patted the ground next to her giving her permission to sit.

A few minutes of silence passed, not the awkward silence but more of the calm silence.
Riley finally broke the silence
"Can I ask you about yourself?"
"Sure."
"Do you have any family?"
Scarlett smiled at the mention of family almost clarifying that she did.
"I have a sister and three brothers, Vanessa, Christian and Hunter my twin."

Riley looked down at the floor almost longingly and started to play with her bracelet on her wrist.
Scarlett noticed and gave a sympathetic look.
"Hey it's okay you might not have any family but you got me right?" Riley turned to face her almost shocked by what she had said.

"Don't look at me like that." Scarlett mocked.
Riley rested her head on Scarletts shoulder.
"Who's that little girl in the photo upstairs and the man?" Scarletts facial expression suddenly changed.
"What?" Riley was now concerned.

"I have to tell you something and its not like i've been keeping it from you It just hasn't come up but I have a daughter, she's seven. The man isn't anyone important just my ex husband not a very nice person I might say." She stared at the wall opposite her not blinking once.

"It's okay, I'm sure I'll love her." Riley smirked satisfied with her slight sass. This took Scarlett by surprise. Her mouth gaped open as she swirled her tongue over the top of her teeth. Riley stood up leaving Scarlett on the floor.

She turned back to face her. "I'm gunna go take a shower if that's okay." Scarlett smiled back at her still shocked.
"And just for the record, I think I love you too."
yes I heard you She mouthed back at her now tearful face.

Riley walked upstairs to the bathroom. As soon as she locked the door internally screaming she started crying. I think I love her. I'm wrong. I do love her.
I love her. wtf I love her.

No matter how many times she repeated it. The words meant the same each time. She really meant them and she thought Scarlett did too.

"I think I love you too

"I think I love you too..."