Chapter thirteen - 20 questions

Riley's pov

"Do you realise how serious this is?!" Scarlett raised her voice steadily talking into her phone as she paced the room anxiously.

I looked over at Lizzie who was nervously biting her nails whilst watching Scarlett.

I couldn't quite hear what the person other line said but she sure as hell didn't like it.

Just as she was about to reply Lizzie quickly stepped out placing her hand on Scarlett's shoulder to calm her down. After a death stare towards Lizzie,
Scarlett took a deep breath before calmly apologising.

"I'm sorry I know you, uh, have a um, a lot of cases to deal with, it's just, you know, nerve racking that's all." She opened up.

The call lasted a few more long minutes of me and Lizzie blatantly staring into space.

"Yes, I understand." Scarlett threw her phone onto the couch letting out an extremely agitated sigh.

"What did they say?" Lizzie asked but it felt like even if she didn't we'd still get told.

"They sai-"

"Wait, who? Who were you talking to?" I unintentionally interrupted her.

"The police, about your case, they said that they can't get a hold on your dad right now because they have more important cases to deal with." Scarlett replied throwing herself into a chair.

"Scar, is that what they actually said.." Lizzie raised her eyebrow at Scarlett earning her one back.

"Ugh no, but they said they were busy with other cases at the minute it just sounded like that in my head." Scarlett confessed.

"Why are we discussing my case again, and what do you mean they can't get a hold on him." I questioned aiming them at Scarlett mostly.

She exhaled loudly running her hand through her golden hair as Lizzie chimed in. "Okay well I've been dating someone knew lately only to find out that um, it was your dad. Scarlett came round yesterday as you know and explained to me that it was him." Lizzie filled in for her.

"You were dating my dad?" I asked in a little more disbelief than I would've liked.

"Yes unfortunately." She gulped.

"Oh."

"Don't worry that's why I'm here."

I gave Lizzie a small smile before turning my attention back to Scarlett who's eyes were now closed shut with her knee crossed up on the seat.

"Comfortable?" I joked playfully hoping to get her out of her mood. She lifted her head to face me, she quirked an eyebrow before answering.

"Very." She confirmed when she returned back to her state of mind.

"Okay how about we play some games? I cant afford to waist any longer watching you sulk babe." Lizzie mocked Scarlett who was now giving her a judgmental glare.

"What about 20 questions?" I cut in before they could start raving again.

"Alright then we have a game.." Lizzie laughed a softly occasionally eyeing Scarlett who was watching intensely.

"You first but when I ask a question we'll all answer." I stated

"Hit me."

"drunken story time." I said eagerly sitting forwards to be able to hear.

"Straight away are we?" Scarlett proposed sarcastically.

I shot her a look raising my eyebrow, quickly looking away when she glared at me.