Chapter nine - Pasta

A/n: This chapter overlaps a little bit just from Scarlett's pov, so don't get confused :) Also TW; mentions of abuse

Scarlett's pov

I'd just finished going through a new script for an upcoming movie when the door bell rang. I checked the security cameras from my office and it was Romain.

Hesitantly, I walked towards the front door.
Although me and Romain had divorced we still had to maintain some sort of relationship since we both had joint custody over our seven year old daughter, Rose.

We had Rose six months after we tied the knot and things only went down from there. Over the years Romain started to get more and more envious of my work and his actions towards me and Rose became really aggressive and intimidating. After a couple of years I decided that it wasn't good for me or my daughter to be living in that kind of environment.

We officially split in September 2017 but since we have joint custody and he lives in France, it's hard to not have any sort of relationship with having to sort out Rose.

I unlocked the door when Rose flung herself into my arms, wrapping her small legs around my waist.
I hadn't seen her in just about a month due to flights going out from France to New york so it was great to have her back.

"Hey nugget!" I grinned at her when she held on tighter.

"Mommy I missed you!" She babbled freeing herself from my grip. I knelt down on the floor when she ran past my legs into the house.

I shuffled awkwardly standing up. My eyes were anywhere else than on him. I've got to admit I didn't think having a professional relationship with him would be a problem but I guess I haven't resolved my feelings with him since I never feel comfortable around him.

"So." He cleared his throat silencing the
awkwardness replaying in my brain.

"I should get going.." He muttered after I didn't reply.

"Yeah, you should." I agreed, announcing his departure bringing the bright eyed little girls attention to us.

"Au revoir papa j'ai passé un bon moment avec Melissa." Rose shared. My french wasn't anything special but after a moment I managed to figure out she was saying that she was having fun or something with Melissa??

"She said bye and that she had fun with Melissa."
Romain mentioned obviously noticing my struggle.

"Melissa?" I raised my eyebrows in confusion waiting for his response.

"She's someone I'm seeing." He muttered after a brief pause.

I nodded slowly backing away towards the inside of the house gesturing for him to make his way out.

"Right, leaving." He walked out the door shutting it behind him and paced off out of the gates.
Sighing when I locked up all the security turning my attention back to the bundle of joy jumping around the couch with some of her toys from her backpack.

"Hey off the couch Nugget." I called softly to her now frowning face as she stepped off of the furniture.

"Why, daddy always lets me jump on his couch!"
She whined throwing her bag down off her back in frustration.