Chapter twelve - Sensitive

Riley's pov

"Hey honey your okay, it's going to be okay."
One of the paramedics told me trying to reassure me but I wouldn't have it.

"There's no way I could be pregnant!', my eyes starting to swell, 'I won't, I cant!" I was in denial.

"We just need you to take a test."

"No! I won't. I don't trust you guys! I want Scarlett!"
I demanded, now sobbing.

"I know honey but she's not here right now."

I was about to loose it when the sound of keys in the door caused me to stop. "Scarlett!" I cried running into her arms, wrapping mine around her neck.
We fell to the floor as I was heavily crying now.

"I don't want it! I cant! I hate him!" I agonised, my tears flooding her jacket. She brought her hand up to stroke my hair hushing me gently.
"I know, I know baby." She sighed sadly. I could tell she was on the verge of tears too.

"Have you got the test results back yet?" Lizzie questioned the paramedics walking towards them.

"No, she was being difficult, wouldn't let us take the test at all." One of them spoke up.

"You're saying that as if she, a by the way fourteen year old girl can't have emotions about being pregnant from rape from her own goddamn father."
Lizzie accused them.

"No no that's not what-"

"No, it's fine, it's fine, I get it. She was being difficult." Lizzie snapped walking away.

"Ms Johansson we're going to go, she's fine. Just make sure to get her to take this test and contact us immediately with the results." The paramedics walked towards the door.

"Have a safe drive back! Oh and remember not to be difficult!" Lizzie hissed, pressing the buzzer to let them out and swiftly whistling in frustration.

"Lizzie you didn't have to do that." Scarlett hesitated slightly.

"Do what, stand up for a fourteen year old girl who has been abused for her whole life. Sure!" She barked walking upstairs.

"I'm sorry you had to hear all of that." Scarlett apologised, her arms still thoroughly wrapped around me.

"I hate him, I hate him so much." I blubbered.

"I know you do, you should, I do too." Scarlett agreed.

"I'm surprised I haven't gotten pregnant before the amount of times it's happened without birth control but now that it's all starting to get real I don't. I just can't.

"I understand, but you're going to have to take this test baby." Scarlett trailed off.

I lifted my head off of her shoulder to look her straight in her eyes. "Please don't make me."
I cried out.

"Riley..." She looked away breaking eye contact.

"I don't want to! Just stop telling me what to do all of the time you're not my mom!" I yelled. Her eyes widened and her brows lowered, looking up at me I knew I'd hurt her.

There was a long hurtful pause between us as she stared at me, tears filling her emerald eyes.

"Fine but if there's a baby in there and you refused to take a test, don't blame me." She stood up resulting in me falling off. She wiped her eyes and walked away.

I ran upstairs tears falling from my swelling eyes.
Not looking where I was going I ran into Lizzie who who was walking down the stairs.

"Hey hey, Riley are you okay?" She asked me her eyes searching mine.