Chapter 10

As the second sun drew up higher into the sky, giving it more light, Kakarott found himself snapping awake after staring into space for the longest time. He took a look at the sky and groaned. He was wasting so much time lately, and he had another Space Trade to make; he couldn't exactly remember the name of the planet.

He stretched his arms up and walked into his bedroom, wiping drool off of his face. His pristine white jacket had gotten a red blotch from his snack of exotic Earth strawberries, and he couldn't afford to meet the person looking so unprofessional. Luckily, he wore the same outfit everyday, so he had 10 more white jackets to choose from. The mechanical closet handed him his jacket, and he pulled it over his arms, the shoulder pads compensating for any muscle he was lacking.

He waited and waited for Kami knows how long until he heard the ringer, signaling that someone was at the door. He was about to answer groggily, but straightened up his back and gave a good smile as he opened the door. "Kakarott's residence?"

The being before him wore a black blazer with blue pants and heeled boots similar to his own. He was green, with antennae sticking out. "Greetings, I am Piccolo from the Planet Namek, here to talk to you about our...bartering."

Ah, so that was the name of the damn planet, Kakarott mused. He welcomed the Namekian inside, asking if he would like tea. Piccolo took a seat and said yes, he would like some tea. Kakarott stood up to get it.

"Pardon but...why not let your butler get it for you?"

Kakarott's fists tightened and he struggled to keep his voice even. "He's...on vacation. I was about to call someone else to make it." He walked quickly into the hallway and pushed open the kitchen's double doors. Yamcha, Tien, and Krillin were sitting on chairs, lazily and boredly staring into space. The wooden table creaked under their arms.

"Yamcha!" Immediately the young man looked up, standing up in front of Kakarott and bowing down.

"My Lord?"

"Make our guest and I some Oolong tea. I'll speak the recipe for you." He pulled out his recorder and recited the recipe, going slow enough for a cook to be able to follow. He gave the recorder to Yamcha.

"My Lord...I didn't know you knew how to make tea!?"

Kakarott eyed him suspiciously. "You dare question your Lord's knowledge?"

"N-No Sir! I just wasn't aware, haha!" Yamcha laughed nervously.

Kakarott smiled. "Good. Then I expect you to not make a single mistake with this, or I'll have your head clean off." He gave the human the sweetest smile he could conjure up and walked away, narrow hips swaying.

"Yamcha will have our tea ready in a bit," he said, sitting. "Shall we go over the negotiations whilst we wait?"

Piccolo looked down. "Yes...I guess we shall."

****

Kakarott deduced immediately that Piccolo's planet, Namek, was obviously selling itself because they were terribly poor. He could see the hard labour and pain hiding behind the Namekian's eyes. He felt sorry for them. Because of their poverty, they had to give up their free will to Vegeta-sei and their ruler, Prince Kakarott, slayer and conquerer of the most planets. Just because there was no initial slaughter meant nothing; if the Namekians did not obey, Kakarott would be forced to deploy Saiyan armies that would invade the planet and kill everyone.

He was glad that the trade had ended peacefully, though. Kakarott promised to keep the planet safe, like he always did, but this time he was planning to keep that promise. He leaned back in the chair and tussled with his messy hair. It wasn't able to bend downwards like a normal Saiyan, and it wasn't the traditional black. More things for Saiyans to call out about him.