The phone call (part 1)

My ears pick up the distant sound of crying. I sit up straight and look at the monitor. Jane was sitting up and sobbing. Holding her bunny stuffie to her chest.

I quickly pull back the covers and rush to her bedroom. I swing to door open to see her eyes bloodshot with tears.

I run over and clutch her in my arms. She cries into my shoulder. "I had a nightmare. A hooded man came after me with a axe.", Jane said, chocking on tears.

"It's ok. It was only a dream. That's not real. Go back to sleep." I tuck in Jane. I kiss her cheek and head back to bed.

As I walk down the hallway, I see all of the family photos. Me and Nick's wedding photo in 1987. Next to it was a photo of me holding Jane in my arms. Her birthday was July 19th 1988. The date always sounded familiar.

I open the door to my bedroom to see a sleeping Nick. I smile at his beautiful face. God, I can't even remember how I found a guy so perfect. Police cheif. Amazing father.

I pull back the covers and climb in. A pair of hands grabs my waist and pull me in. I smile at his gesture.

"Long night?", I ask him.

"Yeah......um.....car accident. No casualties." He says tiredly.

"Well that's good. Goodnight Nick."

"Goodnight Zi-", his sentence was interrupted by the phone ringing.

"I'll call back tomorrow." I say, and sink into my pillow.

——————————————
Word count - 256
We're back! There are two parts to this chapter. Just a simple catch up on what is happening in the present. See you next chapter

-Sarah