Breaking and Entering.

Deena

I hold my hands over my stomach as I look at the Tied up Sam. She squirming and grunting trying to break free of her restraints.

"Watch her.", I say to Josh. He mumbles something but don't bother to know. I stumble into my bedroom and throw away my bloody shirt. I put on a black shirt and flannel.

In the bathroom, I shove shit everywhere trying to find the first aid kit. I do eventually and get out the alcohol and gauze.

I bit down on a towel as I pour some of the liquid on my wound. I wince in pain. I wrap the gauze around my waist. God that hurt.

I go back in the kitchen. Josh look down right petrified. Like he had just seen a fucking ghost.

"What do we do now?", he says unsteady.

"Go find that fucking hand and end this goddamn curse."

We head out of the kitchen. I look at Sam one more time.

"I'm sorry.", I say. I sigh and keep walking.

I grab the car keys and get out of the house with Josh at my tail. We hightail it to the car and get in. I start the engine and we head off.

"What did C. Berman have to say?", Josh asked.

"She was no help. It's like she didn't know anything. About the killers. Or even the death of her sister." I reply

"That's wack!"

"No shit Josh."

It's quite for a moment.

"So....Where are we going?" Josh asks

"The Berman residents."

"C. Berman's house? I thought she was living with Nick!"

" Well I can't really get answers if we go to Nick's house. He'll shove me right out the door."

I take a sharp left and Josh grasps the door handle. I hold in a laugh as I see his pale face.

"Wait! We're gonna break in. We're break into a house where the owner's married to the fucking chief of police?"

"You're just now figuring that out?"

Josh heaves a sigh "You've lost it Deena."

The rest of the trip is silent. Only the occasional screech of the break or honk of a horn broke silence.

We pull into the Berman's driveway. It was an older looking house. Not to shabby though. I get out of the car followed by Josh.

I open the screen door to get to the main door. I giggle the handle and nothing. I grab my flashlight and turn it on with a click!

I shine it on every window. Jiggling them multiple times to make sure they were not locked. They were.

We finally reach a point window on the left of the rancher. I jiggle and notice it was on locked. I slide it open and slip it open. I climb in and Josh come in moments later.

"You know what to do." I say to Josh and exit the kitchen.

I head straight for her bedroom. I pass the living room to find a shelve full of alarm clocks. Dusty and old.

I enter her bedroom. It was tealish color and had a purple bed spread. A desk and bookshelf. Quite nice.

I start by going through her desk.

Books. Everywhere.

I find nothing except books, candy wrappers, pencils, and a lock combination.

I rio open the closet door and immediately set eyes on a safe. I drop to my knees and begin fidgeting with the lock. Trying different numbers. Nothing then I smack my hand to my face and grunt.

"The goddamn combination is in the desk."
I say frustrated with myself. I go to the desk, grab the purple sticky note, and walk back over to the desk.

"12-9-63", repeat to myself as I turn the nob. It unlock and I swing the door open. A book. A homemade book. Great.

I take the book out and open it. Picture of Cindy and Ziggy. The witches mark. No wonder why this was in the safe. I get out of her room and look for Josh, the book in toe.

I find him waiting in the kitchen.

"Nothing?" He asks.

"I found a book with a bunch of witch stuff. Could be useful." He nods in a agreement.

We climb out of the kitchen and walk back to the car. I slam the door and huff.

"Where the fuck now." I say unhappy.

"Camp Nightwing?" Josh replies.

"That was destroyed years ago. The only thing you're gonna find is the mall!" I pause. We look eachother as the light bulb in our head turns on. The fucking mall.

We hightail it to the mall. No talking needed. We park right outside the doors and run inside. No time to waste.

We look around the former crime scene. Camp night wing. Then the Mall massacre. I had no good feelings about this .

"Where do we look?" I ask Josh.

He hits my shoulder and points to the tree. Of course . The one thing that's made it through all of this. The hanging tree.

We speed walk over and dig up the moss. Tossing it to the sides. We were on opposite sides of the tree.

"Anything yet?" I yell to Josh

"No! Keep searching!" He yells back.

I sit back on my knees. A smile creeps on my lips.

"Josh I got it." I say looking down at the hand.

Josh runs over and kneels beside me. He sighs. A happy sigh.

"Gotta now Mother fucker."

—————————————————
Word count -912

Hellooooo my wonderful friends! If you have not guessed, I decided to switch it up and use Deena as our narrator! It will go back to Ziggy, don't worry! But explaining the events from Ziggy's POV would be a harder.

⚠️ PLEASE READ!⚠️

Let me explain how the next chapter is going to work. You know how did a small time Jump her? Same thing next chapter. I'm not going to write out all the events of 1666. I will be using emoji's. Spare me🤗

-Sarah