Finding the truth (Again)

I place the book in the backseat along with the hand.  I step on the breaks and we're off to the crash site/Sarah's grave. No words needed to be said. I could feel Josh's anxiety dripping off him like sweat.

We reach the road of the crash but I park a block or so away. Just in case Nick miraculously finds us.

I hop out of the car and grab the hand and book. I shove The book in my jacket and hold the hand. I hug Josh and pat him in the back.

"Hold the fort down here." I say. He nods and sits on the front of the car. He is no longer scared. He has relaxed a lot which brings some air back into my lungs.

I trudge through the forest. It was a cooler night. The breeze was light and gentle. I breathe In and out trying slow my racing heart.

I eventually reach site of the crash. The red car still there. I get down on my hands and knees and start digging vigorously for the bones. I find them quite easily.

I open the jacket and reveal the chains and bones that belonged to the witch. As I place the hand on the bones, I repeat Josh's words.

"Gotta now witch", I place the hand on the bones and my noses pours blood has I am shifted back. Back into a different world. My thoughts was spinning out of control.

I stare into a pool of water. Sarah Fier's stared back at mine. Knife in Hand.

"Sarah! SARAH FIER!"

👩🏽‍🦱🧑🏾‍🦱🧔🏻‍♀️🧔🏻👱🏻‍♀️👩🏻🧑🏼👩🏻‍🦰👩🏻🍇👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩🐗🩸🩸👁👁😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵⛏🧙🏻‍♀️⛓✋🏽🩸🩸🩸🩸🪢🪢🪦👩🏽‍🦱👍🏽 🧔🏻‍♀️🖕🏼

My head jolts back into the present. My nose has stopped bleeding, but my breathing has only gotten faster.

My head turns has I see Nick Goode's police cruiser.
His sirens come to a stop as it parks feet from where my brother is. I run through the forest. Hitting tree branches and sticks on my journey. I hear Nick and Josh having small talk.

"JOSH!", I yell coming out of the woods. I grab him and drag him in. Nick takes out his gun and walks quietly after us. Yelling at Josh how I need "Help" and trying to persuade him to give me up.

Josh is mumbling confused. "Wait- Wha-huh-I-"

"Listen to me", I cut him off by grabbing his shoulders. " Goode is Evil."

*Enter  Suspenseful music*

At my words. I grab his hand and drag him to the police cruiser, and we drive off and Nick's only transportation.

We zoom off. Josh's face is filled with visible confusion.

"Josh, I need you to listen to me." He nods so I continue.

"When I placed the hand on the bones, I went back in time, and I saw it all. Sarah Fier is innocent. Solomon Goode-"

"Solomon Goode?" Josh cuts me off.

"Nick Goode's Pilgrim ancestor! He made a deal with devil and framed Sarah to cover up his acts." I run through a red light witch for some reason scares the shit out of Josh

" Look, The Goode's give a name to the devil, the devil takes over said person, and said person kills as many shadysiders as they can, and the devil feeds off the blood of the deceased."

Josh's face has turned into a mix of confusion, fear, and satisfaction. Reasonable.

" Generation to Generation. First Born to first born. All the way to today. All the way to sheriff Nick Goode."

"And Goode gets whatever he wants?" Josh asks.

"Yeah. Yeah he does. He becomes sheriff. His brother becomes mayor. He....gets a family."

Me and Josh turn to eachother. We both now only have one concern.

"Ziggy"

———————————-
Word count - 611
Hi. Please don't murder me. I didn't want to quote the movie when writing Deena's explanation. I tried to make a little fresh. And no comment on the last three lines. Sorry 🤗

Also super sorry about not posting for a little. I took a break cause I'm school so now I am aiming for 2-3 times a week. I will come up with a schedule to post for you guys soon. Love you🥰