The reunion

I watch her car drive away. I start up the long drive way again. I make it to the front door. I sigh as I look at the doorbell.

"No turning back now.", I whisper to myself as I rang the door bell. I see a figure waltzes over. The door flies open to reveal Mrs. Goode.

Her dark hair put into 50s sort of style. Her pink dress stopped at her knee. It hugged her curves nicely. Her heels were a nude shade and gave the illusion that she was floating. She smiles at me and I smile back.

"Christine! Lovely to meet you. I'm Jen Goode. Come in! Dinner is almost ready!" Her smile reminds me of the Cheshire Cat. Creepy. She motions for me to come in and I do so.

I get hit with a sickeningly sweet smell. A rich scent of food filled my nose and I sighed happily. I let my guard down a little.

Jen guides me to another room where I can here the chatter of teenagers. My guard was raised again. Jen opened the doors and the cacophony stopped.

"Kids, Christine is here. And dinner shall be ready soon. 20 minutes maximum.", she looks down at me, "go on! They've been waiting for you!"

I become visible to the teens in the room. Shelia stood attached to Will. Annie and Becky were standing next to Kurt and Nick was sitting on a couch on the left side of the room.

His face lit up when he saw me. He was in a black shirt and tan dress pants. He got up and began to walk towards me, but was pushed away by Becky sand Annie. They tackled me in a hug.

"C! We've missed you so much!", squealed Annie. What the hell? Kurt was next, he gave me a hug.

"Nice you see you Zigs.", Kurt said casually.

"You too, Kurt." I replied sweetly

"Also, sorry about Cindy. She was a good egg that one."

"Yeah...she was." How could have I forgot about Cindy. My sister is dead and this is what I'm worried about? She would never approve. I pretend I'm not listening to myself and move on.

Shelia holds on to will as he gives me a hug and a nod. Shelia smiles. She must hate me that much.

I look at everyone. Staring at there on so familiar faces, when an unknown person lifts me up and spins me around. I giggle and look down to see Nick.

"God, I've missed you!", he tells me! I smile broadly.
He puts me down and hugs me. I tight hug that could have crushed my rib cage but one I also enjoyed.

"I've missed you too, Nick" he pulls me closer . His cheek against mine. His lips to my ear.

"We need to talk, Zig."

"No shit"

He lets go of me. Jen is still in the doorway. Apparently moved by our reunion. "I knew they liked you the best.", she said as she shut the door.

"Surprising", I say bluntly. Kurt chuckles. Nick looks at me and motions to the couch. I nod and we sit down. The others sit on the couch opposite of them and continue conversation.

"You gonna say something?", I look at Nick. He sighed. Stubborn.

"Look. Ziggy, I'm sorry for the hospital. I was angry and I took it out on you and I'm sorry." He looked sorry. He sounded sorry. 40%- 60% shot he's lying. I'll let it go for now.

"I forgive you.", I say sweetly. He gives a small smile. He grabs my hand and kisses it. I wonder what goes through his head sometimes.

"I'm terribly sorry about Cindy. I know you loved her so much", he says. I still can't believe I forgot about Cindy. I feel terrible.

"I did.. can we... not talk about her? Please?", I say. He nods and hugs me. I hug back.  We let go and lock eyes. And my stomach does a backflip.

The dark eyes captured mine and I refused to let go. And soon his lips capture mine. And I refuse to let go. What is happening to me. One moment he's pinning me against the wall, the next he is kissing my lips.

So after we let go and look at each other again, Jen bursts through the door!

"DINNER'S READY!"

———————————————
Word count - 735
Okay not a huge cliff hanger. I hope you like this, cause I'm liking it!