I Wish

A silent hug means a thousand words to the unhappy heart.

"I wish I knew what your voice sounded like" Angel found herself texting Stitch as she lay in bed a few nights after leaving the hospital.

"I don't think it's against the rules for us to call each other during these three weeks," Stitch texted back before hitting the call button himself.

"Oh fuck!" Angel exclaimed quietly, throwing her phone as it started to buzz.

Stitch chuckled in confusion as he saw a flash of light fly across Angel's room, and as the call went to voicemail, he realized she had thrown her phone. Stitch smirked curiously as he looked at his phone, trying to decide whether or not to call again. Angel's name flashed on Stitch's screen as he decided to call again. Neither spoke for a few minutes, not sure what to say.

"You don't need to talk if you're not ready," Stitch finally spoke, breaking the silence

Angel hummed as his gravely voice wrapped itself around her body like a protective blanket. Angel found herself crawling across the floor to peek out the window at Stitch. She was trying to be as quiet as possible, so Stitch thought Angel was still in bed.

"A question requires me to talk to answer," she smiled, peering through the curtains

"Hmm, honey and lavender fields," he smiled, seeing the outline of Angel's figure in the window.

"What?" Angel chuckled in confusion.

"That's what my mind pictures when I hear your voice" Stitch smiled, sitting forward a little so she could see his face.

"Breakfast under the pyramids in spring," Angel confessed as well.

"You've definitely experienced more of the world than me," he chuckled as he caught a glimpse of Angel's face, "You look beautiful."

"While I'm in college, you'll catch up on seeing the world," she chuckled as well, "Thank you."

"You think we'll see each other again after this?"

"If my grandfather has his way? Yes," Angel chuckled.

"What you want is what matters to me. Do YOU want to see me again outside of this whole thing?" Stitch repeated his question.