six

"Do you want breakfast now?" I heard Lucy say as they walked into the hall.

"Sure," Luca said quietly.

"Oh, good morning," Lucy said when she saw me in the kitchen.

"Morning," I smiled as she kissed me. "How'd you sleep, honey?" I asked Luca.

"Good, I love my blanket."

"Good. Are you ok with waffles?" I asked laying the plate on the table.

"That's my favourite." He smiled. I passed Lucy her coffee and I gave him a glass of orange juice, we all sat down and eat Luca started telling me about the game he and Lucy had just played, I literally never seen him so happy.

"He got four kills," Lucy said.

"How many did you get?" I asked and she looked away and Luca laughed lightly.

"That doesn't matter." She shook her head.

"How many?" I asked.

"Can I tell her how many kills we had at the end of the game?" Luca asked her and she laughed nodding. "Four." He giggled and she tickled him.

"Good job Luca!" I said and he smiled happily as he ate his waffles Once we were almost done eating Lucy's phone rang. She went to the counter and looked at it for a long second before picking it up and going toward the hallway.

"It was my first time playing that game." He said.

"It was?" I asked and he nodded smiling. "Good job buddy!"

"Sorry," Lucy said walking back into the kitchen. "Want another waffle?" She asked.

"No thank you." He wiped his mouth and went to take his plate.

"You can leave that honey, did you want to play that game again?"

"Would you mind?" He asked.

"Of course not." Lucy went and set it up for him as I cleared the dishes.

"Can I ask who called?" I asked as Lucy walked back into the kitchen.

"His social worker."

"Oh." I rolled my eyes.

"His school transfer is ready for him so he can start school next week. So we got to take him school shopping."

"That was my favourite thing to do as a kid." I smiled.

"Ya, you're weird." She smiled.

"I loved packing my bookbag, I'd take everything out three or four times and re-pack it."

"I hated it." She laughed. "I went to such a shitty school and because I was adopted that was the thing to bully me about."

"You got bullied?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, I have a posh accent so they'd call me Winnie the pooh."

"Seriously?" She nodded. "What assholes." She nodded again.

"But, on the plus side, I have a sexy girlfriend." She wrapped her arm around me. "Close to a billion dollars in my account." She kissed my neck. "And I'm actually getting close to being happy."

"A billion dollars?" I asked and rolled her eyes laughing.

"Once the hotels get up and running."

"Wow." She wrapped her arms around me and kissed my head. "That's a lot of money. Why are you with me?"

"What?" She laughed.

"You could have someone so much classier."

"I want you. Trust me, being with someone who knows about your money beforehand leads to nothing but problems. Them wanting to get married and not wanting to sign prenuptial agreements."

"You've been engaged?"

"God no, not me." She shook her head. By now I had the dishes done but I leaned against the counter. "A guy I knew, he had like half a million dollars and the girl he was seeing looked through his phone one day and looked at his bank account and that one only had like sixty thousand in it so she suddenly got real lovey-dovey. Taking him out on dates and buying him crap and then she started hinting around about marriage when he was buying a new house. She made a joke about moving into a millionaire's neighbourhood and he was like, ya know. What are you talking about? And she said she accidentally seen one of his bank slips one time, and that was that. A year later he was going to propose and one, the ring wasn't a 'millionaires' wife's ring. According to her." She rolled her eyes. "And she made a joke about leaving him and taking his money, he mentioned the prenup. Next morning she was gone."