|Collin|

Collin, 1:30 pm 6/1

Friday

I'm going on Monday. Sure, it's known to be haunted but oh well, It'll be a fun experience. Plus, it would be pretty cool to see a ghost. Scary yes, but also cool.

I think I'll dye my hair white. Maybe it'll attract the ghosts. That would be pretty cool. Or maybe black, black is spooky and ghosts are spooky, if that makes sense.

I don't plan on spending all my time packing for this useless list of stuff. The list contains basic things like; flashlight, sleeping bag, pillow, snacks which are optional, clothes, batteries, and a lot of other stuff that is unnecessary.

    I'm trying hard not to think about Monday much because of school but it keeps bugging at me. Then again, history isn't really a class that's easy to pay attention in. It's easy for my mind to wander off. Plus the teacher is like 70 and can barely hear anything. He has hearing aids yet he still can't hear the bell go off. His eyesight isn't any better. A lot of times when I walk into class and don't see him I automatically think he either died or retired but that dream instantly vanishes when I see him walk in a minute later.

    I glanced at the clock and noticed that the bell was about to ring. I packed up and waited, just as everyone else in my class. When the bell did finally ring, the students had to tell him. He usually doesn't understand them until a minute later then lets us go. That's one of the reasons why I hate that class but thankfully, it was just my last time there. And unless he shows up on Monday, I won't have to see him again.

    Only one more class until I get to go home. Thankfully that class is Math with Art and Madi so it should pass by quickly. I walk into the class and take my seat. I see Madi walk in and take her seat at the table in front of mine. Like always, Art was running late. If there was a time where he came in early, I would think something was up. When he finally did come in, he took his seat right across from me. I looked at the board and noticed it was a movie day. This period would go by in an instant.

    The movie we watched was The Purge, which apparently we weren't supposed to be watching but my teacher didn't care. I couldn't care for the movie but I realized I was pretty invested in it that I hadn't realized that everyone was packing up already. I wanted to keep watching and see what would happen next but it was paused. Now I'll forever wonder if that family survived or not. Of course I could watch the movie at home but, I don't think I would want to watch it in my freetime. I tore my eyes off the screen before standing up and grabbing my backpack.

    Art came up beside me and we walked out of the classroom together when the bell rang. I told him about my weekend plans and he told me about his until we had to go our separate ways. I waved goodbye and unlatched my bicycle off its chain before heading home. I lived close by so I could just bike home and be there in 5-10 minutes.

    "I'll go with black." I told myself.

If I was going to dye my hair this week, it had to look good for Monday. And who knows, maybe black will attract ghosts. But, ghosts or not, I'm still excited for Monday. I just hope everyone else shows up.