|Kendall|

Kendall, 9:30 pm 6/8

Friday

    I couldn't get the picture out of my head. Did I sleepwalk? I knew I had blacked out earlier but I don't remember this...

    When I opened my eyes I thought I was dreaming. In my hand, was what appeared to be half of a pair of garden scissors. In front of me was what looked like...a body. Except the body looked mutilated.

    I dropped the scissors once I began to realize what was in front of me exactly. Instinct told me to back away. And that's just what I did. Until I looked at the head of the body. I recognized them...

My hands flew to my mouth when the light of the orange flames revealed their black hair and tan skin.

"Art?" I gasped, taking a better look. "Art!"

I quickly went to his chest to begin CPR when I noticed his stomach. Or the lack of it. I stumbled back at the sight of it.

He hardly had a stomach anymore. In the center of what should have been his stomach, was a hole. It looked like someone carved it. Or something.

The hole revealed his broken ribs and some of his organs.

I scanned his body up and down to see the other horrors that he endured.

    I noticed his toes were cut off and set right beside his feet. I noticed that his arms were torn up, and that he was missing a few fingers. Bruises could be seen on his face even in the dim light from the fire. I looked at his whole body. Blood was everywhere. All around Art was blood. His body, the ground...my hands.

I stared at them in disbelief.

I stared at Art in disbelief.

    "Such a shame." Came a voice from behind me.

    I quickly turned around to see who it was but no one was there.

    "And to think...that you killed him." The voice laughed mockingly. I noticed that it sounded closer this time.

    "Wh-who are you?" I stammered, talking to air.

    "I'm hurt..." The voice began. It sounded as if it were right beside me. "All these years and you couldn't remember me?"

    Suddenly, a boy flashed before me. I shrieked before grabbing the scissors and throwing them at him. But it did nothing, I watched as the scissors flew right through him.

    He looked down at the area the scissors went through."Well that didn't work. Seems as if you can't hurt me."

    I backed away before studying him. I noticed I could see right through him. There was no color to him so I couldn't make out his features very well.

"Who? Are. You?!" I screamed.

    "A hello would have been nice but it seems like you forgot all about me. Let me refresh your brain."

    Just as he spoke, he began to shrink. His face became younger looking and his clothes shrinked with him until he stopped when he was about four feet tall.

    I gasped at the realization that kicked in. "You're that...little boy."

    "No...I'm your friend." He informed me as he grew taller again. "Benjamin."

    I shook my head. "No. No you...you killed my friends." I could feel my breathing quicken.

    He laughed. "No, you killed your friends. I just helped."